Today, I'm going to share 5 things I use in my "home gym". I use quotation marks because I lug all my equipment into the sun room to lift. I don't have a space that is specifically for working out.
I normally lift 2-3 days a week, and this is the equipment I use:
1. Free weights. My dumbbells range between 8lb-30lb. It was expensive to accumulate these dumbbells as they cost $1 per pound! But the $216 I spent was worth every penny. It's a luxury to be able to lift at home.
2. Pull up bar and resistance band. The bar I use can be easily put on and off a doorway. My MIL got it for me a couple Christmases ago. I believe it was about $30 and it is still nice and sturdy a couple years later. Sometimes I use a chair for assistance, sometimes I use a resistance band, and other times I just do unassisted pull ups.
3. "The Perfect Push Up". My dad bought me these for $2 at a yard sale. They swivel so you can have your hands in many different positions while you do push ups. I love these because I can do lots of push ups without my wrists or shoulders hurting.
You gotta watch this one... Chrissy has a cameo!
4. Piano bench. We own a weight bench, but my piano bench works just fine if I rest my head on the couch. The piano bench is easier to get out and put away than the weight bench, which we keep in the basement.
5. Towel/foam toller. I use my towel for a lot of my core and glute work. Then of course, the foam roller helps keep my ITB and hips in check! Stability ball is for a lot of core stuff as well!
That's what I have going on in my "home gym"! We also have a spin bike but I don't use it anymore since it bothers my knee. Paul uses it. We keep it in the guest room.