A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 30, 2017

I got wireless headphones!

A couple weeks ago I was getting frustrated because my headphones kept breaking! On a run, the wire would freeze and then if it bent, it would break. One pair I had was brand new and broke within the first mile of using them! I was so annoyed. 

For a couple weeks, I have been listening to my podcasts with the volume turned up on my phone. (I only did this on mornings it was cold enough for the wires to freeze. If I ran in the afternoon and it was warmer, no need.)

You all had great tips to help me avoid the freezing headphones. The first tip was to run the wire under my clothes so it stayed warm. The second tip was wireless headphones. I went on Amazon and was scared about the price of the headphones! I don't like having nice things, especially for running, because I'm scared they will break! Also, I am VERY picky about how headphones feel. I didn't want to invest a lot of money and then just hate them.

On Cyber Monday I hopped on Amazon and found a great deal on a good pair of wireless headphones! They were normally $59.99, marked down to $21.99, and then there was a lightening deal for $15.40. Unfortunately, by the time I read the reviews (which were great), the lightening deal was gone, so I ended up paying the $21.99 price. Still awesome, though! I added on the insurance/protection for $3.99, so for about $25, I'd have a good pair of wireless headphones delivered in about two days!

My headphones arrived yesterday. I tried them on quickly and didn't like the way they felt, but I know I have to sit down and do it while I have time to mess with them. I just didn't have time last night so I will experiment with them this weekend. I'll let you know what I think of my new headphones as soon as I try them out!




Side note... why do my wireless headphones have a WIRE!?
What kind of headphones do you use?

24 comments:

  1. What a great deal! My sister is also in the market for some wireless headphones. I don't know which ones she is looking for but she recently went to Best Buy so she could try them on.

    Since I still listen to my ipod and that is not blue tooth enabled (that I know of), I still use the wire ones. I'm pretty picky though too as I do not like the ones (like snug buds) that go all the way inside the ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when they wrap around your ears, like these ones, but they felt loose when I tried them on quickly.

      Delete
    2. But now I am thinking I should've tried a couple on at Best Buy...

      Delete
  2. That's a great deal! I don't like wireless headphones that have cords so I invested in AirPods earlier this year. They are great for listening to at work, when shopping, etc. because no one can tell you have headphones on since there are NO cords. They aren't great for running though because they are loose and not sweat proof :/. I swear by my Yurbuds for running! Those things do not budge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering how the airpods stay in your ears! I think they would fall out of mine if I was just sitting still. Maybe my ears are big and that's what buds always fall out of them.

      Delete
  3. I haven't got to wireless headphones yet, but I do Yurbuds for my iPod Shuffle, and my iPhone now uses the new port, so I have the Apple earbuds for my phone. I love the feel/shape of the Apple earbuds. So when I go out for a run I have to make a decision if I'm listening to music, or podcasts before I head out - then take the appropriate earbuds for the device. A bit annoying, but certainly a minor issue to have :) I hope you like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a little off topic of the post, but what podcasts do you listen to?

      Delete
    2. Ali On The Run, The Runners World Podcast, Running for Real (Tina Muir), Another Mother Runner, and Perez Hilton! A lot of running stuff, and a trashy entertainment one for some variety. I really need to branch out and find some new ones, but those keep me plenty entertained.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing. :) I like knowing what other people listen to.

      Delete
  4. Wireless headphones sound so amazing, I really think it would make a world of difference when working out!

    Side note, I got your package the other day! I LOVE my mug and can't wait to post on my blog about it and share with everyone how cute it is. Elf is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have "met" you through this fun swap!!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i got you has my mug swapper because I have been having a lot of fun reading your blog and I don't know if I would have found it otherwise! I'm really glad you like your mug! :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the headphones! I hope you find a good fit for your ears.

    I am picky with my headphones. My brother tried to sell me an expensive pair of headphone for a small fraction of the price, but the ear pods didn't fit my ear and that bothered me a lot. I wear my apple headphones IRL and my Yurbuds at work, I love them both and asked for back up pairs for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a really good idea to ask for backups for Christmas!

      Delete
  6. I love my wireless headphones! I have Anker SoundBuds Slim Wireless Headphones, and they are fine with running almost all of the time (every now and then I will have problems, but very rarely). My problem is just keeping them charged, as they give me like a 5 minute warning that they are low on battery. I use them during my commute, too, so I always keep my old headphones with me for when they die suddenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked them out! How do they stay in your ears? I can never get earbuds to stay in, they have to wrap around my ear as well.

      Delete
  7. Wireless headphones are the best ones around. I love being able to run without stumbling on wires. It's a game-changing device, that's for sure.

    Regards,
    The Fitness Bro

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the AfterShokz Trekz Titanium wireless headphones. They go around your ears and sit in front of them. No earbuds. I love them. They sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled them and they look pretty cool. I never heard of headphones that don't go in your ears.

      Delete
  9. I’m looking at getting wireless (or I guess you make a good point, maybe less-wire is a better name!) earphones because I have to run on a treadmill in winter (especially this year where sidewalks are skating rinks!) and my arms always tangle in the cords. I like how the Apple earphones fit but can’t justify the AirPods especially since they will just fall out the minute I move. Maybe I’ll hold off until after Christmas sales hit and see what I find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the problem with buds falling out of my ears too! I hope you find some good after Christmas sales!

      Delete
  10. That's a really good deal for some decent wireless headphones. My first pair was a cheap pair that couldn't hold a charge for very long, so I was disappointed and stuck to my wired headphones. Then I won a pair of Jaybirds in a giveaway and I haven't looked back! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must not be too excited about mine because I still haven't tried them out!

      Delete