A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Gather 'round children....


Every year at Christmas time, I tell my students the story about how Jelly knocked over my Christmas tree! Today I will tell you that story! 

Gather 'round, children, and Ms. Michael will tell you about the day Jelly knocked over the Christmas tree...




Once upon a time, a long time ago, I lived in a small apartment. It was just me and the cats. One afternoon in December, I was sitting on the couch watching television. Jelly, who was only 1-2 years old at the time, laid on the arm of the couch right beside me.


Only about three feet away (small apartment, remember?) stood my tall, artificial Christmas tree decked with special Hallmark ornaments. It had been up for several days and the cats so far did not seem to be bothered by it.


But suddenly, Jelly got that look in his eye. He stared at the tree and his ears perked forward. "Uh oh, what's he going to do?" I thought to myself. Then he started wiggling his little cat butt and I knew what he was going to do. I had plenty of time to stop him, but I was sort of curious to see how it would play out...

Jelly LEAPED through the air and grabbed onto the trunk of the tree with his front paws. He hung there for a minute and stared at me with wide eyes. The tree started to fall and Jelly began to fall with it... but at the last minute, he jumped out of the tree and ran out of the way before it crashed to the ground. Jelly didn't stop running until he was tucked nice and safe under my bed. He did not come out for two hours.

And that is the story of how Jelly knocked over my Christmas tree!


Any funny Christmas tree stories?

9 comments:

  1. That is an adorable photo. Is it from that same day? Was that the last time you put up a tree?

    Merry Christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Jelly! I do not have a funny Christmas Tree story but I wish I did! The only one that comes to mind is from my brother's old house. He had an open living room with a loft above it so the ceilings were really, really high. My sister-in-law insisted on getting the tallest tree possible and it took about 6 guys to get it in the house. We had to get the neighbors to help. It was so big my brother had to secure the top to the wall so it wouldn't topple over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any funny Christmas tree stories, but my first cat Leo stole the baby Jesus out of my mom's manger setup and bopped him around the house. My mom never put out a manger scene again after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That is awesome. Cats really only care about themselves...

      Delete
  4. OMG, I love that story! The first year that I had a cat, and was in an apartment, I got a tree. It was knocked over several times. Though I never saw it actually happen. Surface it to say, I no longer put up a Christmas Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't do trees anymore either. Christmas eats the pine needles and throws them up!

      Delete
  5. Funny!!! have you seen the video of the cats left alone with the Christmas tree?? it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I saw the exact one you are referring to but I have seen some crazy ones!

      Delete