A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Secret Santa Mug Swap 2017


This year, I signed up for San's Secret Santa Mug Swap. It works like this: You are randomly assigned another blogger to send a mug to (and maybe a little something extra) and a random blogger does the same for you. I thought it would be a fun way to get into the holiday spirit and connect with other bloggers.

I was assigned Beth @ The Beth Next Door. I had never visited her blog before, but I had a fun time catching up on some posts so I could get to know her and what kind of mug she might like. I ended up getting her an Elf mug because it's one of her favorite Christmas movies. I am happy I got Beth's name because I enjoy reading her blog!

A little over a week ago, my mailwoman delivered a big package to me bright and early in the morning. I was on my way to work, so I brought it with me. I was excited to open it! 


I figured it was my coffee mug and I was right! Kathrin sent me a very pretty coffee mug with a funny message on it. Oh, and it's HUGE! It's is the biggest coffee mug I have ever owned!  I can fit 16oz in with no problem. Nice work, Kathrin!


Kathrin also included some little extras in the coffee mug...


Beautiful star ornament


Fancy Christmas tree ornament


Chocolate!!!


Tissues and hand wipes


Thank you, Kathrin!



Thanks to San for organizing this mug swap!

23 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! The colors of your new mug are so pretty. Big mugs are seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and this is my one and only big mug so I made out!

      Delete
  2. This is such an awesome idea. I would love to take part in it next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well be sure to visit San's blog. But visit before then because she writes good stuff. :)

      Delete
  3. How fun! Our work did a "you got mugged" swap this year. I usually participate in secret Santa stuff like that at work, but this year I didn't. I don't drink coffee and I already have too many mugs i'll never use. As I write this I realize that was a stupid reason not to participate and it was more about the fellowship involve versus the mug. Bad on my part I guess....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's two sides. The holidays are very busy with lots of stuff to do, and participating in secret santas can sometimes add to the stress. So it's just what is important. Plus you run your card swap which I am sure is time consuming. I have a lot of mugs as well, but it turns out I got this HUGE one, and I don't have any huge ones. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, had I known about it I probably would have been all over it! Then again, I already have a mug problem. I collect them from my travels, and try to get one for every state I run a half in -- sometimes I end up with 2.

    Looks like your Secret Santa was good to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that you collect them from your travels. We collect Christmas ornaments but keep them on a metal tree all year long. It's fun to be reminded of the places we've visited, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. That is such a fun swap idea! I'd love to do it next year too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add San to your blog roll so you're in the loop. :)

      Delete
  6. I love my mug so much! I really appreciated that you took the time to get to know me! And in turn, I have really enjoyed getting to know you as well! I love the mug Kathrin sent you, how cute and so true. Can't do anything until coffee, amiright? I'm so glad we were matched up! Thank you again for my awesome mug!! XO
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I would be scared the mug would break somehow in the mail though. I did a secret santa with other runners and the person I was matched with sent me Gu. Somehow, it got damaged and two of the Gus leaked and spilt onto the other Gu, making a sticky mess. Also shipping is so pricey! I think next year if I do one online, I am just going to order a gift from somewhere and have it shipped so I can spend more money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh all the Gu sounds like a mess! Yes that's what I did- I bought on Amazon and shipped through Amazon Prime. I know that's a little impersonal but it was the most cost effective options.

      Delete
  8. Fun! The bank I work at is on holiday overload, and my tech office doesn't have one trace of Christmas going on! It's quite a contrast. I have never done a Secret Santa, but yours turned out well. Good idea to join it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My workplace is DECKED out. We had a door decorating contest, which turned into a hall decorating contest!

      Delete
  9. Oh that's so nice! I love the Christmas tree ornament!!

    I can't believe Christmas is literally almost here. HOW DID THIS MONTH GO SO FAST? I don't want the season to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am torn. I am ready to be away from the crazy kids but I love the holiday season.

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for joining the mug swap this year, Megan. I am glad you were so happy with the package you received. Kathrin really did a great job putting a nice package together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure did. Makes me want to up my game next year.

      Delete
  11. This is so amazing! I love it! I want to participate next year!

    I love coffee mugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love San's blog. She's a German expat and holds much of our same world views!

      Delete