A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2017 Wrap Up


2017 was a great year for me personally. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful experiences I had this year. Here's a recap of some of the highlights from the past 365 days!


~ Races ~

I ran 6 races this year, which is actually a lot for me! All but one of these were trail races. My absolute favorite was Table Rock. Running those trails in Northern California was a dream come true!


2017 Races and Recaps...



~ Vacations ~

Northern California was our big trip this year. We have found a place we love almost as much as Colorado!



I also spent a weekend in Indianapolis with my cousin to attend Crime Con! I am so glad I made the decision to go to this true crime conference. I got to meet some awesome people... including Nancy Grace!




In August, our friends Maggie and Cheetah invited us to Cape May for a weekend as their guests. It was a relaxing getaway! While I was in Cape May, I randomly bumped into DEBBY FROM SURVIVOR!!! We talked for a good ten minutes. What are the odds!!!???



~ Day Trips ~

In June, we discovered the cute little town of Jim Thorpe and spent the day there. 


This summer, we took our niece and nephews to Hershey Park for a jam packed day of excitement. 



We also traveled to NYC to see a taping of the Stephen Colbert show! It was so surreal to see our favorite late night host LIVE!


We also did an overnight trip to NYC to see a taping of Survivor Know-It-Alls. You all know I'm a HUGE Survivor fan and love Rob Cesternino's podcast!



I got to run in Central Park the next day and was so excited that I didn't even open my eyes for the picture...


~ Milestones ~

I started my 13th year teaching, I turned 35, and Paul and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary!


~ Random ~








One of the best experiences from 2017 was attending the Women's March on Washington in January.

Resist!!!!

And then to piggy back on that, in November, my mom and I went to Philadelphia to see Hillary Clinton on her book tour. We had VIP tickets so we got to do a meet and greet before the show. I still cannot believe we got to meet Hillary Clinton!

Tell me some highlights from your year!

18 comments:

  1. You had such a great year Megan! I think 2017 was a great year for me as well, lots of fun experiences, family time and home projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lot of cool things this year!! Obviously, my highlight was having Hudson. Looking forward to 2018 and not being pregnant next year lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve a couple years of not being pregnant! :)

      Delete
  3. 2017 was a great year and look at all the fun things you did! I am wishing you the best in 2018 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Emma Coburn, Jenny Simpson, and Cary Elwes. I normally don't meet anyone famous, and I got to meet 3 people in two months. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing year!! Lots of family, running, friends and wine!! Wine is the best! Have an awesome 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such a big year for meeting people in the public eye! Who will you meet in 2018?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember most of this but it was fun looking back on what you did this year, like going to CrimeCon. I so think meeting Hilary was the big highlight though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, for me Hillary was like a DREAM. I still can't believe it.

      Delete
  8. You had quite the year! Do you listen to the podcast Up and Vanished? That's how I heard of CrimeCon and it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did listen to Up and Vanished. I can't believe they were able to solve Tara's murder! I saw Payne Lindsay at Crime Con but didn't talk to him. My cousin wanted to but was too shy.

      Delete
  9. You had such a great year! It's awesome that you were able to travel so much and have all these fun experiences.

    ReplyDelete