A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up!

 


Happy WEDNESDAY!
I know this wrap up is a little late... and honestly, this past weekend sort of sucked anyway! But, I give you the good AND the bad here at Meg Go Run, so here ya go!


It was tough waking up on Friday morning as I only got about 5 hours of sleep! I lifted back at home and caught up on current events by watching Morning Joe. I love Mika and Joe!

I'll be honest... work was challenging. The music classes I had that day just would not stop talking over top of me. I had to use my "grumpy voice" and be very strict... which makes the day not as fun as it could've been.


After school, I had two piano lessons, then my weekend officially started! Paul and I cracked open a bottle of Buddy Boy wine and I told him all about my trip to Philadelphia the day before.

Then we ate dinner while watching Jake Tapper (love Tappy!) and Colbert (love Colby!).

I went to bed super early. I had lots of sleep to catch up on!

I woke up feeling okay but as the day went on, my throat started hurting and I had a pounding headache. I also felt so fatigued... like I could fall asleep at any moment. Man, I am really catching all these little bugs this year. Shouldn't my immune system be strong by now!? I've been teaching for 13 years... WHEN WILL I BECOME IMMUNE TO GERMS???

That morning, I had a very interesting run... I saw a van that had caught on fire and had to call 911! Everyone ended up being okay, but you can read more about this strange run here.


Then I went and auditioned for Hairspray at Theater Harrisburg... Again, an event that deserves it's own post.

I got home from auditions just in time to quickly shower, change, and head over to Harrisburg to meet Bob and Rachel. We were driving up to Broad Mountain Winery in Elizabethville to see an improv show by Safe Word. My friend Randy is in the group and they are hilarious!

 Bob and Ray-chow!




 Michael, Desiree, and Ashley


We got home very late that night. I was absolutely exhausted and still felt pretty sick. Sleep never felt so good...

I got up feeling better than the day before but not "better". My throat still hurt and I was tired. The morning was spent watching the Sunday news shows, drinking lots of coffee, and blogging.

That afternoon, I dropped Paul off at a sports bar so he could watch football with his friends. I was going to run a trail in Hershey but I forgot my freaking phone! So I wasn't going to go run without my podcasts.

It really pissed me off that I didn't have my phone. Then I started wondering whether I should run when I get home or not. I was soooo tired, I had a headache, and I just was NOT feeling it. I ended up running 5 and walking 1. My lower half felt all jacked up (due to sitting in tight quarters when I went to see Hillary speak) so the run just wasn't enjoyable.

In fact, my whole day wasn't enjoyable.

The only fun part was wrapping presents for one of my colleagues. I love wrapping presents.


Sorry this wasn't a great wrap up! I barely took any pictures and I didn't feel so hot. I have a lot going on next weekend so hopefully I feel well.
What were you up to this weekend?
Do you like going to see improv?

Local peeps: Tell me a winery I have to try!

23 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it gets out of your system soon! The improve sounds fun and I can't wait to hear more about your audition!

    So you wrapped presents for your colleague? Was it because he/she did not want to wrap them or where they all FOR him/her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much better, thank you!

      Good question. Well, I love wrapping presents so I normally wrap my friend Cheryl's presents for free. I just ask that she gives me a roll or two of wrapping paper OR just a couple of bucks to cover the cost. This year, I donated my wrapping skills to the Alzheimer's Association silent auction my friend Peggy had. So if you bid on my Christmas wrapping, I will wrap ALL of your Christmas presents and you don't need to pay me OR supply any wrapping materials. So Cheryl bid on it this year, I think for $40, and won! I think I spend about an hour and a half wrapping those presents and she may have more for me to do. Which is fine because I LOVE WRAPPING PRESENTS.

      Delete
  2. Watching improv makes me nervous because if they aren't amazing I get really bad anxiety, even as an audience member. I am so impressed when they are good, though!

    My throat hurt this weekend, too. Thankfully it ended up going away, but I always just assume it's going to get worse and I'm going to wake up dying the next day.

    Your van story was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Laura I used to get anxiety watching improv too!!!! That is hilarious, I thought I was the only one. When I was in Rent, our director made us warm up with improv. I HATED IT. I always left to use the restroom during warm ups because that's how bad improv scares me. I will do anything onstage... and I have pretty much done "anything" because I was in the Rocky Horror Show, BUT I only feel comfortable doing it if the script says to or if the director says to. If I have to come up with it myself, I hate it.

      I'm glad your sore throat went away. Mine did too.. just in time for the work week. ;)

      Delete
  3. i hope that you are feeling better. It sucks to feel unwell during such a busy time of year.

    I also love wrapping presents! I wrap presents for all of my family members lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!!!! I think wrapping for others is a win-win because they get their presents wrapped and we get our "fix", which ensures we don't go out and buy more presents for people just so we can wrap them.

      Delete
  4. I need to know more about your audition!

    I read your comment to Meranda, and I loved that story! It is so creative! I love wrapping my gifts, and I would enjoy to wrap other people's gifts. I tried to research how to volunteer at the mall to wrap presents.

    I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, an audition? Yes, that deserves more than a sentence! Hope it went well. Looking forward to hearing about it. Your hooded vest reminded me that I need to get one. Yes, I'm pretty sure I "need" it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun weekend! We went to a CSU basketball game on Saturday morning (it started at 11 AM!) then came home and watched KS basketball -- yeah, we like our sports! Sunday was so nice out Rick played golf so I went to lunch and pedicure with my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have the best weekends. I feel like I know you so well that if I had to plan a weekend for you, I could do it.

      Delete
  7. All the sweaters and scarves in your pics make me jealous. We are supposed to get a cold front this weekend though that I am VERY excited for. It's going to be in the mid 60s during the day and even in the 50s at night!! We love sleeping with our bedroom sliding glass doors open when it's cold outside so I am very much looking forward to this!

    Hope you are back to feeling like 100% today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love when the weather allows you to sleep with doors or windows open! And when it gets cooler, there's a good smell in the air.

      Delete
  8. It seems like the germs are especially strong this year. My worker had to work at home since both her daughter and son got sick, and her son's principle said about 40% of the kids are out with either chest crud or fevers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping to get in the show too but I didn't even get a callback. They definitely didn't want me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hope that the upcoming period will be better and better and you'll give us an even more inspiring wrap up, Megan. Keep up the awesome work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wrapping presents, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you listen to Christmas music while you wrap or Christmas movies?

      Delete