A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, December 29, 2017

Our Christmas In Pictures!


Hello! Here is a recap of our Christmas Day in pictures. I know this is late, but better late than never! 

The day started with a FREEZING 6 miler! It was actually kind of creepy because most of my run was in the dark and the wind was howling in a very low pitch. It was also snowing!

New tradition: I make us Christmas Morning breakfast!
French toast, blackberries, sausage, orange juice, and coffee.





Then we went to Tyler and Debby's house to celebrate our first Christmas there! Attendees included: Tyler, Debby, Ellie, Clementine, Clark, Mom, Dad, my brother Julian, Debby's parents Keith and Liz, and her brother-in-law Josh.

Debby made Clementine and Ellie butterfly necklaces from a real butterfly wing. She is so talented.


 Later that day, we raced to see who could finish this 48 piece puzzle the fastest!







Mom and Dad even brought our stockings!

Mom made the kids slippers...







The following pictures were taken by Debby's BIL, Josh. You will notice the stark contrast in quality from here on out!

 Debby and her mom, Liz

 You know you're old when.... you ask for Dr. Scholls for Christmas!

I got a reflective vest!



Dad got the "Eggsplorer"  drone for Christmas. My dad is the kind of dad you can still get toys! Tyler is that kind of dad as well! Maybe all dads like getting toys?




Dad wearing the buff I got him.

Dad showing Ellie all the ways you can wear a buff.



Family picture!

 Snapchat time with my nieces!



 Ellie got Thinking Clay and spent a lot of the day creating.

Are you ready for a million pictures of Clark? I know a lot of them are similar, but I just have to include them all because HE'S A BIG, BIG BOOOOOY! (Inside joke.)




Okay, the following pictures need an explanation... On Christmas Eve, Pappy gave Clark this toy they had ever since we were kids. There is a little car that races down the wooden ramps. Clark was obsessed with it. We all started clapping for him every time he sent the car down and of course that made Clark SO HAPPY. But he kept doing it... at least 20 times. Soon we had to distract him so he'd do something else because there's no way we would let him hanging, but we got tired of cheering!







THAT FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I wanted to show you what my SIL made me. It's a weighted blanket. It weighs 13lbs total. It is supposed to help you fall asleep by reducing anxiety and stress. So far it is working REALLY well and I love it.


Later on that evening, back at our place, Paul and I cracked open a bottle of wine!


We also opened a wine called Cousin Jack. Guys, DON'T MESS with Cousin Jack. It is 18% alcohol, and I'm not gonna lie... it %$&#ed me up!


Then we opened presents. I made Paul an ornament. Inside are stones from Tennessee Valley Beach in California. We hiked to this beach and it was beautiful. Instead of sand, there were these stones.


This is the beach:


I also got him a bottle of wine with his favorite Chambourcin grapes.


His third gift was a Tesla sweatshirt. The guys that installed our solar panels were decked out in Tesla gear and Paul wanted some.


Paul got me two awesome puzzles! I can't wait to get started!


He also made me a pillowcase with the kitties on it. I made him one years ago and now I have one too!



Paul also got me....


It stores completed puzzles, partway done puzzles, and has a felt board you can do puzzles on! I am not worthy!!!

(NOTE: HE DID NOT PAY THAT PRICE FOR IT, HE IS NOT INSANE.)

The kitties got some special wet food and a new squirrel to play with. You can never have too many squirrels...


It was a GREAT, GREAT, DAAAAAAY!

17 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun Christmas! I love the idea of a weighted blanket- so glad its helping you sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had never heard of them before but I love it.

      Delete
  2. That is great that you were able to document the entire day! The only pictures I remembered to take where of the dogs...haha!

    That reflective vest is such a perfect gift for you Megan! I can't believe no one thought of it sooner! Also, I love that Paul made you the pillow case. I like those kind of gifts! I'd like to see this puzzle sorter thing!

    Clark is adorable! And those slippers your mom made are too!

    Hey, I do remember you buying a ton of ornaments and filling them with stuff. What did you end up doing with them besides making one for Paul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Josh took some too, that helps! Click on the link up there to see the puzzle thing he got me. My parents got me the vest but I may have hinted. :)

      The ornaments: I made one for each of my piano students, my grandparents, and several of my friends I made them with their pet's names in them.... or their children's. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! The weighted blanket sounds absolutely amazing. I've been thinking about getting one since I've read some really great things about them online. How sweet of your made it for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so thankful because weighted blankets are very expensive and I don't think I would have bought myself one because it really does sound weird! It was so nice of Debby to make me one.

      Delete
  4. those booties are soo cute!!! And I'm glad you got a reflective vest!! will be very helpful for your morning runs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those minion booties! Glad your Christmas was good. I did get Allie catnip toys because you're right, cats can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are so cute! Glad Allie made out well. :)

      Delete
  6. Omg your mom is a woman of so many talents!!!

    Your pillows are so funny what a cute gift idea! Excited to see the mugs in use! :)

    Adam and I didn’t exchange gifts, but I feel like the trip to Vegas has been a great joint gift! I also paid for the Britney concert tickets so I guess you could call that his gift although I’m not sure he would consider it a gift for himself lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is. My mom is so awesome and she loves making things for her grand kids.

      We love the mugs! Thank you!

      Vegas is a great joint gift! Experiences are better than things anyway, right? I'm glad you had so much fun seeing Britney! Live it up, girl!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Maybe the weighted blanket is "the" present of the year kinda thing? I had never heard of it either, but then my coworker mentioned that his wife wanted one. I had to buy a new comforter recently because ours just didn't feel like the right weight anymore. It's just a regular comforter, but it's so old it just felt flimsy and it wasn't right to me. So yes, I can totally agree with the concept of your comforter! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be! But I never even heard of a weighted blanket until I got one! She wrapped it in a diaper box and it was so heavy and I was trying to pull it out and she was like, "Okay, you don't know what it is so I am going to tell you,
      hehehehehehhe!

      Delete
  8. Last but not the least is the Batman Stream site that offers users to feel just like the super hero batman as you can stream from an artificial window where you can choose to stream different live sports event

    ReplyDelete
  9. pg slot 88th ความบันเทิงจากเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ถ้าหากพนันเกม pg slot กับเว็บไซต์ของเรา แน่นอนว่าคุณจะได้รับความบันเทิงตื่นเต้นครบทุกตัวอย่างจัดเต็มทุกความสนุกสุดมันในสามโลก

    ReplyDelete
  10. riches888pg หากคุณต้องการเริ่มต้นการเล่นเกมส์ออนไลน์กับ riches888pg คุณสามารถทำได้โดยการเข้าสู่เว็บไซต์ PG SLOT และทำการสมัครสมาชิกก่อน

    ReplyDelete