A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Happy Tuesday! 
Sorry this wrap up is a little late...
I was totally anticipating a delay this morning, but when my alarm went off at 5am, there were no alerts on my phone. "You've gotta be shitting me," I said out loud. No sooner did the words come out of my mouth than I got a text letting me know my district would be operating on a two hour delay. Hallelujah!!!

Work was shorter than normal but I have to be honest, I was mentally checked out. I'm not proud of it. It was just a hard day for reasons totally unrelated to the students and teaching. But I made it through and so did the kids. Sometimes, that's all you can ask for.

We cut cable, so that night I subscribed to CBS All Access (so I can watch Survivor) and made guacamole with the 49 cent avocados I got a couple days ago at Aldi.

It was a wild and crazy Friday night.
I slept foreverrrrrrrr (8 hours) and I loved every minute of it! I had some crazy dreams. I'm okay with it. As long as I get sleep!

I did a little cooking in the morning...



My workout was a lifting session at Planet Fitness. It was packed! I managed to get my workout in, although I had to do my exercises in a different order than I would have liked.

That afternoon, I had a haircut at Jenny's Salon, which is only about a 1/2 mile from my house. The girl who cuts my hair is awesome. She does it exactly how I like it. It's a bit more money than I would like to pay, but I always leave feeling very happy with the service. I'd say it's worth it! And now that my hair is the way I love it, I feel like a new woman!

That evening, my parents came over for dinner. For their Christmas present each you, I invited them over for a home cooked meal. That night I made them my Italian quiche and my Spinach/feta/chicken sausage quiche. I also made roasted potatoes (no recipe needed, please tell me you know how to make potatoes in the oven!) and cauliflower casserole... recipe by Patrick Looney!




I had the most epic run at Planet Fitness. My plan was to do six miles but I felt so good that I just kept going and kept getting faster and faster. I did nine miles total with a couple at a sub seven pace. Who am I!?

The rest of the day was just spent relaxing. We got a ton of snow and luckily found out the night before that we would be having a two hour delay the next day. Wahoo!!
Do you have cable?
Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. So nice that you make them a home cooked meal! Bet they love that! I don't think we could give up cable...mostly for Rick. We watch a ton of sports so I would miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently with Hulu you can get all that? But that's still $$$ and the whole point is to save $$!

      Delete
  2. We have Dish Network. Not cheap, but better than our local cable! I do love the DVR that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we still have cable. I don't think I would have it if it was just me. Did your parents love your quiche? Have you ever made french onion roasted potatoes? It's a recipe I got years ago from Pampered chef. You just toss your cut potatoes and toss with a bit of oil and french onion soup mix powder and bake it. It's yummy and makes for a good breakfast dish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That potato recipe sounds very good! I am going to try it! You introduced me to making potato soup so I know I can't go wrong with your potato recipes!!

      Delete