A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Hey!



Hey All, just checking in!

I started my blog on June 5, 2013. After posting for 2103 days in a row, I took a two week break. It doesn't feel like two weeks... it seems shorter.

I'm not "back".... just dipping my toe in the waters. It's weird not to be blogging. I can't tell you how many times I go about my daily life and think, "I have to share this on the blog!" or "I have to post this picture on the blog!" But the break is very much needed.

I do feel a relief that I don't need to post every day because I don't have the mental energy to do so. The truth is, my life has not been going well for the past several months. I'm not well. And when I'm not well, I am stressed and don't have the mental energy to write. Everything meaningful I would have to say right now is very personal. It's not ready to be shared with the internet.

And I hate even saying all that because I am not seeking attention or trying make people wonder what is going on. I'm not looking for all that. I am just trying to explain why all of a sudden I stopped blogging. All my thoughts and feelings are very personal right now and there is not much room in my life for all the fun things I used to share. 

This will change. Meg Go Run will be back, it's just not a priority in my life right now.

In the new year, I started this one sentence journal. You're supposed to write down one sentence per day about something that made you happy or was meaningful. It's a 5 year journal so after you write down for a whole year, you can go back to page one and start over and write one sentence below the one you wrote last year. It's supposed to be fun to reflect.

The thing is, most of my sentences are not happy. They are not things I want to remember. I am so sick of looking at this "Happiness Project" journal when everything I have to say is not happy. It feels like a chore. So last night, I threw it away.


Don't worry, I am still striving to be happy. But rehashing every day in my brain is not the way to do that right now!

I hope you all are well and I miss connecting with you!

23 comments:

  1. Hey, I was wondering about you... I am glad you're taking some space. You really DON'T HAVE TO blog and share here all the time... especially when you don't have the mental space for it. Take a break and come back when you feel like it. Nobody is going anywhere (I promise!).

    Take care of yourself and I hope things sort themselves out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope no one goes anywhere! I love you guys!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Meg the internet misses you but we will be here when you're back to blogging. Things will get better and I'm sorry that they suck right now. Ugh to the sentence a day journal. I was given a gratitude journal by someone who meant well and yes it ended up in the trash. How would Marie Kondo say it...it was not something that sparked joy and I parted ways with it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being there for me. I miss you too. For real. I think it is def valid to ask if something or even SOMEONE brings you joy!

      Delete
  3. I think purposely seeking happiness sounds empowering, but when you have legitimate reasons to be sad - whether it's life or mental illness or anything like that - then it can be a chore, and then it can make you feel guilty. Ain't nobody got time for that.

    I'm thinking of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your time, we're missing you but only come back to us when you're ready. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you made it here for this post. I'm really looking forward to getting together next month!

    That is a shame about the journal. Maybe pull it out of the trash ( and wipe it off) and just hide it for a while. Maybe one day you will want it to reflect on. I'm sure there has got to be some good thoughts in there. Are you still running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see you too! Nope, the journal is gone. Just looking at the pic makes me want to rip the journal in half. The journal is OVER hahahahaha.

      Yes, running A LOT.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well... but it sounds like you're taking the steps to take care of yourself! Getting rid of the journal definitely sounds like a good start. Fingers crossed that things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear friend--you have to take care of you. One thing I have learned in life is that worked at one time may not work anymore. Focus on what needs your attention and blog when you can. I am always here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I appreciate your friendship so much!

      Delete
  8. I have missed reading your blog everyday, but I am very happy you are taking time for yourself. I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I miss you all too. Bare with me, I will be back!

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad to hear you are taking care of yourself right now. And if the journal wasn't part of taking yourself, then it's right where it belongs. I do a lot of journaling and it's certainly very upsetting to read back the sad parts at times. And to write for the intention of reading it back in a year or three? I can understand that not being a happiness generator at all times. Keep looking at for what's best for you! We're all thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura. Those are some wise words!

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you are taking time for yourself. Churning out blog post can be therapeutic, but can also be quite the opposite at times! I hope everything gets back on track for you and you can stop in for the occasional update or random post. I miss hearing from you :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Lisa! I read, I promise. I just don't have the mental energy to comment all the time. I am feeling selfish but I guess we all need to be selfish from time to time.

      Delete
  11. It isn't selfish to take care of yourself. Can't pour water from an empty pitcher. Filling yourself up first is the only way you have something to give. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stopped in to say hi, I’m thinking of you0, and hope you start feeling better soon. Life has its ups and downs and it’s bound to return to a steady state at some point. I hope balance comes soon - take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete