A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 25, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up! (What!!??)

 


Hello! I randomly decided to write a Weekend Wrap Up! I miss you guys. Hope you enjoy a sneak peak into my life at the moment…
My alarm went off at 5:15. I’m setting it earlier so I am not so rushed in the morning but somehow I still end up being rushed! I enjoyed some coffee and downloaded my podcasts. (We cut cable so I have a lot of news shows I listen to exclusively in podcast form now.)


My workout was lifting upper body, core, and a speedy 4 miler on the treadmill. The endorphins really lifted my mood!





Driving to work… Do you look just as thrilled as me on the way to work?

Unfortunately I had a nasty email in my inbox when I got to work. That’s never a good way to start the day. I wanted to seek someone out to complain to, but I decided to just let it go. It wasn’t worth my time.

.
Obligatory stair duty shot. If it’s a weekday and it’s 8:40, I am at stair duty.

The best part of my day was the saxophone lesson I taught in the morning. The two boys in the lesson group are just really friendly, fun, and FUNNY! We had a great time and laughed a lot.


At lunch I had to drive to the high school to drop something off. I snapped a picture of this… Apparently someone rides a unicycle to school!



That evening I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater with my SIL, Debby!




I have such a special place in my heart for the show Joseph. I was in it and choreographed it at a community theater when I was in college. The show is so high energy and entirely singing and dancing... totally my kind of show! It was really hard not to sing along! Watching the show brought back so many fond memories of when I was in Joseph...
It's not fun setting your alarm on a Saturday morning unless it's for a trail run with a friend! I met Allison for a run on the AT at 8am. She had to do 20 miles with lots of climbs. I only joined her for half of it and I could not keep up with her going up the mountains. Every time I had to run UP, I felt zapped of energy. It's okay, it just wasn't my day! However, I'm running Hyner (25k trail race with a ton of climbs) in a month so I better get my energy back! Maybe I should stop running 7 minute miles on the treadmill and start running up mountains!





Later on that afternoon I met my friend Kristen for coffee. Kristen and I have run miles and miles together on the trail but I haven't seen her in a few months. It was really good to connect with her!

On my way home, I hit up Aldi. I now have bananas, apples, and avocados in my life, so I am happy!


Do you miss seeing Chrissy? Here he is!!!!!



 I did some household stuff, like fold wash. I love folding wash. I'm serious. It's because it requires sorting!



That evening, my 4th grade chorus performed at a fundraising event for our school district. We sang and danced to Footloose. My students were so high energy and did such an AWESOME job! I am so proud of them. My job can be stressful but it can be SO REWARDING too!

Gotta dress the part for a performance of Footloose!!!
Since I like to be productive first thing in the morning, I made three quiche! Chrissy helped... aka he was SUPER ANNOYING.


Then I met my mom for lunch. We talked forever! I wish I snapped a pic but of course I forgot.

Then I ran errands.

Then I drank wine in bed.

Obviously this blog post ended up taking a back burner... which is why I haven't been blogging much to begin with! But at least I was able to provide you with a little bit of a wrap up, and lots of selfies to prove I am alive!!!!
Do you like folding laundry?
What's your favorite musical?
Did you ever ride a unicycle?


TELL ME SOMETHING THAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE, I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Those are good sometimes, it helps keep our minds off of other things.

    That cracked me up that someone rode a unicycle to school. Good for them!

    I'm glad that the weather is getting nicer. This is going to allow me to get out more and enjoy life. Currently in my life I just come home and sit with Baylee cus I feel bad leaving her alone all day. Oh, I have to tell you I got her a doggy jogging stroller so now she can go to the trail with me. I am super excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear about your jogging adventures with Baylee. Post pics!

      Delete
  2. I love your Footloose outfit! Sounds like a really busy weekend. And yep, my cats also end up being super annoying when they try to "help." I think its a cat requirement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been so needy lately because I redid my bedroom and it's now my oasis. They don't sleep with me anymore and it's really making them feel neglected! I may have to ease up eventually... But I really like my room being spic and span!

      Delete
  3. Do you let Chrissy drink from the kitchen sink tap? It's so funny to me that he likes to just hang out there on the dish towel!

    Cecil likes to help in the kitchen too which scares me because he has run over the stove when the burners are ON before! He was totally unfazed by it but it gives me so much anxiety. I'm worried I'll turn around for a second, and when I look back he'll be sitting in a pan simmering his backside or something!

    Your footloose outfit is really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he started hanging on the dish towel several years ago. We think it's because the dishwasher is right below and it will steam up. But obviously he hangs up there whether the dishwasher is on or not! He likes to look for food in the sink. He's a garbage kitty. He likes drinking from the shower when I get done and it still drips a little bit. That's a new thing. He has a fountain!

      Delete
  4. Oh yay, you're alive! Sounds like a good weekend! :)
    I have never ridden a unicycle... it must be hard!

    I think my favorite musical is Starlight Express - I've seen it a gazillion times (in Germany, IN GERMAN! Mind you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if I posted enough selfies you would all believe I am not only alive but not being held captive in someone's basement somewhere hahaha.

      Omg I never saw it but I know the song and love the song. ALW rocks!!

      Delete