A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

MGR Updates!



Hey all! Here are a few updates about my life right now... in case you care!

1. I had an 88 day streak on Duolingo... which means I did my Spanish studies for 88 days straight. But I stopped. My focus and mental energy is not what it was. The blog had to go and eventually, so did the Spanish. I hope to pick it up again but I no longer feel bound by it. I'm such an all or nothing person! But I'm glad it's not something I feel like I need to do every day anymore.

2. A couple of you asked if I'm still working out... Yes, I am working out A LOT. I'm running more and lifting less, but I want to get back into a balance. I haven't been doing many climbs or trail, which is bad because I have a 25k trail race coming up in April and there are a ton of climbs in it.

3. I'm still eating and making quiche. I don't feel safe unless there are at least 2-3 quiche in my fridge.

4. I've been mostly sleeping through the night but that's because I have been going to bed LATE. If I have a shitty night of sleep, it's my own fault because it means I either forgot to take my trazodone or I drank too much wine. I stopped taking the Vitamin D and Vitamin K that Debby gave me because I ran out. I stopped the magnesium because I think it made me poop a lot...

5. I haven't done a puzzle in several months. Mental focus is NOT THERE.

6. I'm counting down the days until summer. I have strategically placed my personal days to provide me with the most 4 day weeks as possible. I know I'm supposed to love my job, but right now I am not loving many of the things I normally love... It will get better, I know it will. And I am sure summer will come and I won't be much happier than I am now. But at least I won't have to be "on" all day, if you know what I mean? Fellow teachers, you KNOW what I MEAN!

7. I took on a bunch more piano students! Still looking for one more! Anyone want to take piano on Thursdays from 5:45-6:15 from the coolest piano teacher in Central PA!?

8. I am still reading blogs but not commenting. Don't hate me.

Anything else you want to know???
What's new with you!?

15 comments:

  1. I need you to teach me to make quiche!

    Also, I totally get what you mean. Being "on" is THE most exhausting part of teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are some instructions!

      http://meggorun.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-i-make-quiche.html

      http://meggorun.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-new-quiche-recipe-for-you.html

      Delete
  2. Yeah, we really, really hate people who are human. You've given a lot of yourself the past several years. I think you can rest assured we're in your corner and got your back. Hang on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks Silver! I'm so all or nothing. I'll try to chillax.

      Delete
  3. Hey Megan, I am happy to see you are back to posting to your blog, albeit at a slower rate. Was beginning to get thoroughly worried about how you were doing. Hang in there, things will get better. You have trail grit, it has always helped me in all facets of life when things weren't/aren't going well. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trail grit- I love that! Thank you for the inspiration and I am going to remember that. :)

      Delete
  4. I love my job but is it wrong that I sometimes dream of what it would be like to work in an office all by myself? Teaching is the hardest when we are in emotional turmoil.

    I know you are so strong and you will get through this AND you will have a great summer! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I dreeeeeeam of having on office job! I mean, teach 3 days a week, office job 2 days a week? The perfect combo, I think!

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree that being on all the time gets exhausting! I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand about the all or nothing mentality with studying Spanish, blogging, and... a lot of things. I have the same mentality quite often. I'm still glad to keep up with you on FB and the occasional update here! Always do what's right for you, no one will look after you like you can look after yourself <3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I was trying to comment this week but couldn't do it from my phone (not sure why Blogger is so quirky like that!). Anyhow, been skiing this week because it's spring break for the kids. That's cool that you could arrange for 4 day work weeks! Sounds like you will benefit from the break. I still haven't made your quiche recipe yet. My bad. :)

    ReplyDelete