A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Weekly Workouts!


I didn't get a whole lot of sleep this week. I think it affected my workouts towards the end...

Saturday- 6 ish miles on the AT with my bro and dad. More about this run here!


Sunday- 6 neighborhood miles and a 6 mile walk with Debby on the Conewago Trail. After a 6 mile run, I feel fine. After a 6 mile walk... my whole body hurts! Especially my lower back and hip flexors! It was awesome to spend time with Debby. She really helped me sort some things out!



Monday- Short lifting session at home. I got zero sleep. This was all I could manage. FML.

Tuesday- 6 treadmill miles. Dang, I just wasn't feeling it. There was absolutely no pep in my step. I did have what Paul and I call "cartoon hair" that morning.



Wednesday- 6 neighborhood miles. I was sooooooo slow. Like a 9:16 pace. That's my summer pace. If you have been keeping track, I've gotten much faster in the past few months. But this morning? My legs felt like tree trunks.



Thursday- 8 neighborhood miles. I was in the 8:40s for this one, so I felt a little better. My legs definitely felt more fresh. I didn't get much sleep, but that's my life these days. Jelly stretched with me after..



Friday-   6 treadmill miles and a short lifting session. I needed to feel happy and this did the trick.

How were your workouts this week?

3 comments:

  1. My week was kind of all over the place. My knee is acting up. I think I have "old people" knee . Well, that's what it feels like. Sorry you have been so tired! My husband always gets anxious about running with his friends on Saturday morning, so he took some sleeping pills last night. He was very happy to report he stayed sleeping and felt decent. Being tired is no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad he got some sleep!! You're right, being tired is not fun at all. I am sorry your knee has been acting up. :( Any idea what it is?

      Delete
    2. I think just overuse, runners knee stuff. It's not very painful (yet), just feels odd like it wants to pop or something! Like when you crack your knuckles.

      Delete