A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

How I Make Quiche

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Hello! Today I'm going to share some of my quiche recipes and how I make them! 


Note: I do not measure ANYTHING! I just eye it up because the amount of eggs, etc, varies depending on the size pan I use. Sometimes I use a pie pan, muffin tin, an 8x8, and I've even done like a 4x10 ish pan as well. You should definitely need at least 4 eggs, 2 egg whites, and 1/2 a cup of milk. But you can certainly use more of all of those things. Just eye it up!


Chicken, Feta, Spinach Quiche

Ingredients:

spinach feta chicken sausage (from Karn's)
spinach
feta
eggs
egg whites
skim milk
salt/pepper/garlic

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Then get to work making the chicken sausage in a pan on the stove.



2. While the chicken sausage is being cooked, put a bag of frozen spinach in the microwave and warm it up.

3. Whisk eggs, egg whites, skim milk, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.



4. Once the sausage and spinach are done, it's time for the fun part! Spray whatever pan you plan to use with nonstick cooking spray. Coat the bottom of the pan with spinach, dump the feta on that, dump the chopped up chicken sausage on that, and then pour the egg mixture on everything. If you find you don't have enough egg mixture, just whisk up another egg with some milk and pour it on top. I've done that more than once and it turns out okay!



5. Cook for around 40 minutes... just keep checking it. You should be able to stick a fork in the middle without anything sticking to it when you pull it out.



Bacon Broccoli Cheeseburger Quiche

Ingredients:

ground turkey
cheddar cheese
bacon
broccoli
eggs
egg whites
skim milk
salt/pepper/garlic

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Then get to work making the ground turkey in a pan on the stove. Or, if you're lucky like me, simply get it out of the fridge because your husband made it for you the night before!

2. Also start making the bacon!



3. While the ground turkey and bacon is being cooked, put a bag of frozen broccoli in the microwave and warm it up.



4. Whisk eggs, egg whites, skim milk, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.

4. Once the ground turkey, bacon, and broccoli are done, it's time for the fun part! Spray whatever pan you plan to use with nonstick cooking spray. Coat the bottom of the pan with broccoli, dump the ground turkey, bacon, and cheese on that. Then pour the egg mixture on everything. Again, if you find you don't have enough egg mixture, just whisk up another egg with some milk and pour it on top.





5. Cook for around 40 minutes... just keep checking it. You should be able to stick a fork in the middle without anything sticking to it when you pull it out.




Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Quiche

Ingredients:

ground turkey
goat cheese
tomatoes
spinach
eggs
egg whites
skim milk
salt/pepper/garlic

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Then get to work making the ground turkey in a pan on the stove. Or, if you're lucky like me, simply get it out of the fridge because your husband made it for you the night before!

2. While the ground turkey and bacon is being cooked, put a bag of spinach in the microwave and warm it up.

4. Cut up those cherry tomatoes!

5. Whisk eggs, egg whites, skim milk, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.

6. Once the ground turkey and spinach are done, it's time for the fun part! Spray whatever pan you plan to use with nonstick cooking spray. Coat the bottom of the pan with spinach, dump the ground turkey, tomato, and goat cheese on that. Then pour the egg mixture on everything.




5. Cook for around 40 minutes... just keep checking it. You should be able to stick a fork in the middle without anything sticking to it when you pull it out.


Are you going to try one of these recipes?
Share your favorite quiche ingredients with me!

12 comments:

  1. I've made quiche before but it was a long time ago and I dont even remember what I put in it. I would be willing to try any of these ( with the elimination of the ground turkey).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like ground turkey? Do you like ground beef?

      Delete
    2. I cant get past the smell of ground Turkey. Ground beef is okay. To be honest, I have a hard time eating any meats that I've prepared raw. If someone else makes it, I'm fine..haha

      Delete
  2. Yum...looks good. Sadly, dairy and I don't get along so I won't be trying. I do make egg bakes, however, with just eggs, veggies and meat! Just no cheese. Are you guys eating quiche like every night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you eat sounds just as good as what I'm doing just minus the cheese!

      Delete
  3. Do you just thaw the spinach using the microwave or just cook it? *Chrissy P*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound really good! I have never had chicken sausage but it sounds yummy. Very simple recipes! Do you get your eggs at Aldi? Ours are super cheap here! 48 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes just like regular sausage I think. But I'm sure it's a *little* healthier hehe. Yes I get everything at Aldi except the sausage. I don't think the eggs are 47 cents though!

      Delete
  5. We had dinner plans that were canceled due to bad weather and mycupboards were bare. So I stopped on the way home and got ingredients and we're having quiche tonight! Perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been taking about making quiche (or frittata) again forever... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete