This past week, I have been so busy! It's just because it's the beginning of the school year. Things will die down eventually. But at the moment, there is just not enough time in the day to accomplish everything I want to accomplish!
Many things I had time for in the summer have been pushed to the wayside...
- There's not enough time to listen to my podcasts and they are piling up.
- I'm unable to watch all the daily news shows I enjoy... Morning Joe, Jake Tapper, and Anderson Cooper.
- It's taking me awhile to respond to text messages, emails, and other areas of communication with friends and family.
- I'm slow to read and comment on blogs and reply to comments on my blog.
- I can't keep up with everything that is going on in the Big Brother house! I like reading all the updates but there is literally not enough time!
- I haven't done a puzzle since school started.
A couple days ago, I was listening to the Happier with Gretchen Rubin podcast. One of the Try This At Home tips is to go into "Low Power Mode". It's kind of like when your phone is running out of battery power, it only performs the most important functions and gets to the other functions when it has more power.
So it goes both ways- if you are swamped at work, sometimes your personal life goes into Low Power Mode. If you're swamped in your personal life, sometimes your work goes into Low Power Mode.
Right now, my personal life is in Low Power Mode. That does not mean I am not giving myself time to unwind, relax, and be happy. It just means for the next few weeks, until work dies down, I may not have as much time as I would like to do those things.
But that's okay! Soon I will be back in the groove and have a better work/life balance!
Soon, I will be FULL POWER MEGAN!
Are you ever in Low Power Mode?