A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, July 12, 2018

What's wrong with my garden!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Guys, there's something wrong with my garden.

I planted:

tomatoes
peppers
rosemary
dill
mint
basil
cilantro
eggplant
zucchini
yellow squash
cucumbers

My cukes, zukes, and squash have not bloomed yet, but the vines are growing and there are flowers, so I know they will be fine.



 



My eggplant is weird... I planted two, and one day, one of them just looked like someone pulled it straight out of the ground! A bunny, perhaps?


The herbs are doing a-ok. I have tons of herbs. Come get some.


Why is my cilantro thick and normal looking on the bottom but thin on top?


That's a lot of dill!

MY PEPPERS ARE ALL DEAD. Why did all my pepper plants die?? There are bunnies in our yard. I put chicken wire around my garden but twice I saw baby bunnies in the garden....


Wait... I think I see tiny peppers on there! Hopefully they last and the bunnies won't eat them!



And the tomatoes... Well, they aren't as big as they used to be. None of them are red yet. And the leaves are dying.





I feel like my garden is in such disarray and I don't know what to do about it.

Help!!!!!
How's your garden doing?

7 comments:

  1. It's been weird spring and early summer, lots of rain, hot and cold spells. My garden isn't doing well either. And, I neglected to weed now it's just a mess too.

    Have you ever put fertilizer in your garden? Manure or something like 5-10-5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I planted everything, I used some manure as instructed by my mom. Hearing that your garden isn't great makes me feel better. Not that I don't want your garden to do well, but you know everything about gardening so if yours isn't doing well, then I feel like it's not my fault mine isn't either!

      Delete
  2. It’s so dry now, surprising after we had a flood watch not too long ago. Keep watering, but do it ideally early in the morning or late afternoon. Peppers always seem as if they’re going to die but they end up producing-they also take a looong time to mature. My tomatoes get brown leaves too; and they’re not that big this year either. So you’re not doing anything wrong-it’s just the boiling hot weather and no rain that’s messing it all up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I am feeling better that it is not my fault but the weather.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I am so jealous... I didn't plant anything this year (I just didn't get around to it, is it too late?) so I am living vicariously through everybody else. Looks like your garden is coming along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it is too late. Do you have any friends that live near you that garden that could answer that question? Maybe it's too late for some things but not others.

      Delete
    2. Good point. I'll ask around. Thanks.

      Delete