A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Weekly" Workout Re-Cap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Warning: This is going to be the last Workout Re-Cap (for awhile, anyway!) that looks anything like what you are seeing today! There are big things I am about to focus on, and they are NOT running. They are getting READY TO RUN! So enjoy my last workout Re-Cap full of lazy 5 milers...


1/7- Lifting Chest/Shoulders. I did this workout at home while watching The View and Dateline. I sipped on coffee while working out, which is probably a horrible thing to do... I started using my pull up bar on the floor for push ups because for some reason it makes them a lot more difficult. The bar also makes it easy to do tricep dips, which I am not a huge fan of because whenever I do those, I can actually feel my muscles tearing! I am very excited to be able to bang out 8 reps of shoulder press with 25lbs! I am getting stronger. But I have to work on bracing my body a little bit better now that the weight is getting to be a serious challenge.



1/8- 5 miler. Holy crap it was freezing out... 8 degrees, but negative -7 with the windchill. Luckily, I did not experience any wind, bundled up appropriately, and my body regulated itself so I was warm and toasty by mile 2.5 I have started warming up and cooling down with a quarter mile walk. It's actually not as horrible as it sounds! As for the run itself, I felt like I was just plodding along. That's what it's like when you're bundled up in a million layers and trying to avoid icy spots!

1/9- 5 miler. It was 16 degrees out this morning, which is actually A LOT warmer than 8. I was not cold at all the entire run. I know that is hard to believe, but it wasn't windy, there was no precipitation, and I was wearing the right clothing. Again, my legs were tired and this pace felt like an effort.

My Garmin says I did this run on Thursday but I swear I did it on Friday.
I don't know where my Thursday run went.


1/10- 5 miler. Even though it was cold and windy, I was determined to not go to the gym and get on a treadmill. I hate the treadmill more than I hate negative degrees wind chills! This pace felt like an effort being all bundled up, but at least it is a respectable pace that should feel like some sort of an effort for me!




1/11- 5 miler. Did you see a pattern here? 5 miles... 5 miles... 5 miles... blah. This run was my last hurrah! The plan is to not run for a week. I know that sounds like a lot, but my body is tired and I need to reevaluate my goals and my priorities!

Were your runs chilly this week?
Have you ever seen so many 5 mile runs in a row?!

14 comments:

  1. I have never seen so many 5 miles run in a row, I can understand why you are feeling so blah! My runs have been chilling for North Carolina, but nowhere near your cold temps. I don't mind the cold but I definitely couldn't do ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what the big things you're going to focus on are! I hope you make the announcement soon because I am really impatient and nosy when it comes to these things :D

    No chilly runs here.... ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait 2 days and you will know a bit more! :) (It's not that exciting, I am just trying to hype myself up haha)

      Delete
  3. That is crazy cold. When it's -7 or 16, can you really tell a difference??

    Runs have been in perfect weather the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to hear what your big new focus is!! Hurry up tell us soon!

    That is a lot of 5 milers! The last time I saw that many in a row was during marathon training. Soon my schedule will look just like your week's...only hopefully with much better temps! (yeah, right...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they feel A LOT harder for some reason! I think I go down lower when I do them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for listening to your body and taking a small running break because you are tired and not because you are injured and forced to stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hear you! I am so over the layers and bundles of clothing and not to mention the preparation of going for a run in this crazy cold weather. I giggled at your 5 milers because when Matt and I went on vacation a couple of years ago I was super worried about losing fitness because I was training for my first marathon so we'd run 5 miles every day no matter what...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my go to distance! In fact... I am about to go WALK 5 miles now!

      Delete