A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Large and Growly Bear - Happy Birthday, Daddio!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Today is my Dad's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDIO!!!

We will be celebrating with the family this weekend. I can't wait!

I thought I would share with you a funny story about Dad and birthdays...

When we were little, Dad always made up fun games for us to play. Most of them were imaginary games that my Dad dreamed up. He also read to us.

One of his favorite books to read to us was The Large and Growly Bear.


In retrospect, I can't remember if it was actually his favorite book to read to us, or we just thought it was his favorite book to read to use because we liked it so much. Memories certainly get twisted around in your head as the years go by...

So anyway, we all loved when Dad read The Large and Growly Bear to us. We loved it so much that for several years, we wrapped up the book and gave it to our Dad for every birthday, every Father's Day, and probably Christmas, too.

My dad always acted delighted and surprised. We were so little. It didn't dawn on us that wrapping up a book we owned... over and over again... was ridiculous. It's just what we did! Need a present for Dad? Wrap up The Large and Growly Bear!

Dad, we didn't get you The Large and Growly Bear this year, but if you are feeling nostalgic and are dying to read the book again, you can read the whole thing here!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! I LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

  1. Ha, that's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. Happy birthday to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sweet! Happy Birthday Megan's Dad!!

    January 14th is a popular birthday. 3 of my friends have birthdays today too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet!

    Little Golden Books.... I forgot about them but they were the best! Just seeing the spine of that book brings all the memories flooding back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Happy birthday Dad! I read that book to my students during summer school last year every single day. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I can still picture my dad reading it to me and hearing his tone/inflection at certain parts. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! I love that you wrapped it up for him over and over again! Tee hee! Happy belated to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your awesome dad!

    ReplyDelete