To go along with my new training goals, also wanted to write down some nutritional goals.
If I had to categorize my style of eating right now, it would definitely be intuitive eating. I don't count calories and I eat what I crave. I don't deprive myself of anything. The only "rules" I have are related to pre and post workout fuel.
However, I believe there are a few things I could improve upon, and I thought if I wrote them down and was mindful of them, I would me more likely to adopt some new habits. (Or readopt some old habits, in some cases!)
1. Eat veggies at 2 of my meals. I used to eat veggies at lunch and dinner, but I have kind of phased them out during dinner. I want to go back to the way I was doing it before!
2. Keep apples, Greek yogurt, and eggs on hand for snacking. I slowly stopped eating these foods on a regular basis and have started snacking on crackers, protein bars, and those peanut butter Nature Valley bars (the Aldi version!) because it just seemed easier.
3. Drink wine only when craving it. Sometimes I have a glass after work even if I don't really want it. I'm like, "Ooh, time to whoop Paul's ass in Jeopardy, I better get my wine!". And don't tell me red wine is good for the heart. It's full of sugar my body surely doesn't need.
4. Drink 67-100 oz of water a day. This is a recommendation from the book Ready to Run. I will be peeing a lot, but I think I can do it! (Spoiler Alert: I have already been doing trying this for several days!)
5. Stick to one dessert a night. I am the queen of hitting up the pantry right before bed for another cookie, a handful of chocolate chips... you name it. I eat a very substantial, satisfying dessert every night. There is no reason I need to be having something else right before bed. I am not even hungry I am just being mindless!
Do you have any nutritional goals for the year?
Any "rules" you follow?