A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Weekly Workouts! (And I need your opinion!)



Same old week, same old workouts!
I know these workout recap posts are boring and a lot of times I phone them in.

Can you give me suggestions on how I could make them more compelling?


A. More pictures.
B. More details (pace, weights/sets/reps, etc.)
C. Other
D. Nothing. All workout posts are boring no matter what.

Thanks for your help! (You will not offend me if you choose D.)

**I tried to do more pics this week!**


Saturday- 6 neighborhood miles. Besides feeling very tired and borderline dizzy to to not having eaten since 6pm the night before (stupid, I know), my body felt good on the run. Not creaky or achy.

Sunday- 6 miler in the WARM SUNSHINE! Not only did I wear shorts for this run, but I ventured outside of my neighborhood. It was so. freaking. enjoyable. I also had some pep in my step thanks to this sandwich I ate about an hour before my run...




Monday- 6 warm morning miles! I actually could have worn shorts this morning, it was that nice out! Stretching with Jelly after a run is the best.



Tuesday- Lifting chest @ home. I woke up at 2, laid in bed until 3, then pulled myself out of bed. It was pouring outside but I was hoping it would stop by 6 so I could go out and run in the 50 DEGREE WEATHER! Unfortunately, it continues to downpour so I had to lift. Oh well!



Wednesday- 6 miles @ home. This run was done later than normal because Paul wasn't feeling well on Tuesday so I had to go home from work to be with him. I stayed home Wednesday morning just to make sure he woke up okay and didn't need me to stay with him all day. Luckily he wasn't having any issues so I did go for my run... but I pretty much just ran around the block a million times in case he called me to come home.

Thursday- 6 morning miles. There was a pep in my step. Dunno why!

Friday- Lifting back @ home. I decided to do unassisted pull ups instead of assisted. I can't do as many without help but I think it's good to try once in awhile!

ABC or D????????????????????

14 comments:

  1. I like the workout recaps, it's always neat to see how you balance running and lifting. And I love the pic of you and Jelly stretching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Amy! I feel like cat pics are more interesting than Garmin pics, ammiright!?

      Delete
  2. I know these weekly workouts are probably more of a record for YOU than they are for anyone else, so you continue to do what makes you feel comfortable. I agree, stating the same old stuff week after week can get boring (and that goes for anyone writing a weekly workouts post not just you) but you do post pictures. More pictures is never a bad thing. Just my opinion, i'm not interested in pace, reps,etc, but I would be interested in unique things that happened during your run/workout. What did you see? What made this workout different? Idk just some thoughts. Hope that helps. I often struggling with my own weekly wraps. There is not much to say when you do the same workouts Tuesdays and Thursdays...haha. I'm trying to mix things up on Saturdays so there's that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree they are for ME but if I post them here I would like to try to make them interesting and I know I don't try very hard. :( I agree, more pics could be good. And I could do more like you do and tell more stories. I am going to try really hard to make next week's post super interesting!!!!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy looking at pics! Fun to see what people wear, where they run, etc. Paces and weights/info about sets is good too. Makes me think about doing things differently sometimes. I think it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I will mark you down for "all of the above". I know I could take more pics, I just always forget!

      Delete
  4. I would say E) Reading workout recap posts isn't for me because they're so personalized to the individual.

    I think I am unique in not liking these kind of posts though because a workout recap style post is my most highly requested post type. I just find them boring to write, so I try to sprinkle my data in posts throughout the week.

    I am sorry to hear Paul wasn't feeling well, but very happy to hear he is better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too do not like reading workout posts. I generally do mine just for ME to have a record.

      Delete
    2. That totally makes sense! I keep a handwritten log book but if I didn't I bet I would do recap posts too!

      Delete
  5. I like workout recaps! I think yours are good...the ones that I have a hard time getting through are written in one super long paragraph that spell out every little detail of each workout. It was so nice having some warmer days this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes long ones are no good. Mine are def on the short side BUT I'm having a longer one this Sat. :)

      Delete
  6. I like workout recaps. As a person who is always trying to add in strength training, I like seeing how you combine running with lifting. I also really appreciate that you blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say you post whatever you want to post, and what keeps your happy with the post.

    ReplyDelete