A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Just some random ramblings about yesterday...

I woke up at 3am yesterday morning! Jelly wanted fed, and then I noticed something was beeping in our house! I woke Paul up and he knew right away it was our fios box. He turned it off but by that point I was awake.

Instead of writing a post, I wrote this poem entitled "FML"...

FML

I woke up at 3
but that's okay
today can still be
a great, great day

Sort of catchy, isn't it?

Luckily, I had a productive work day. I did have to break down and buy some diet chemicals, just to give me some energy...


On the way home from work I ran a bunch of errands. At the library, I got a couple new books. Some of you will recognize these as I got the idea to read them from your blogs!


Somehow I ended up with this outdoor spiral Christmas tree. It was 75% off. I wondered if I'd still be married by the time I got home...


Paul's reaction: "You fucker."

However, we're still married.

When I got home, I was happy to see some WINE arrived for us! My brother gave us a gift card to Naked Wines and our stash finally came!


We opened a shiraz from South Africa. It was very good!



I will leave you with a picture of Christmas...


Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here!

Have you ever heard of Naked Wines?
What are you reading right now?

14 comments:

  1. What is a fios box? What does FML stand for? Why doesn't Paul like christmas decorations? So many questions..haha.
    I went to the Library on Monday and just picked a book at random and turns out it is about two sisters and one of them is a world class runner! I'm almost done with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fios as in Verizon fios.
      FML = Fuck My Life
      Paul likes Christmas decorations but he thinks we have too many! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like that spiral tree, it's very pretty! I can't believe Christmas is over already :/

    I've heard of Naked Wines. I've gifted a similar service to my parents before. If someone got it for me it would be a waste because I just like my $5 bottle of barefoot moscato lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. barefoot moscato is yummy!!! :) I like cheapo wines too.

      Delete
  3. This is the time to buy Christmas decorations. You gotta take advantage of the sales ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I officially have too much stuff. I have officially had too much for awhile now.

      Delete
  4. It sucks that you woke up super early but otherwise your day looks like it was good. Bargains, books, and wine? I love those things.

    I don't like the abbreviation FML... I feel like things can always be worse, not that it's any consolation when things aren't going well. I try to find something good every day and think about how the bad ones (which have been constant lately) will someday be a memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a good outlook! I of course meant it tongue in cheek.

      Delete
  5. I have heard of the Naked Wines but I don't know if I've tried it before! Now I want to! And your poem seriously made me LOL. I love it. Well, not the waking up at 3 part. But yeah. And I'm reading Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. First time using an electronic download from my library, so exciting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I started reading on my phone too and I am actually okay with it! Although I fall asleep reading more often because when I read on my phone I can lay on my side and get all comfy.

      Delete
  6. I recognize the wine so I must have tried it. Right now I’m reading A Number Of Things by Jane Urquhart. It’s a struggle but was one of last year’s resolutions so I’ll make it through. Reading out of obligation is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read out of obligation. If I don't like something, I stop reading it!

      Delete
  7. Oh yay, new books from the libary. Awesome. How long can you keep them?

    I am reading "Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown right now. It's a memorir (and a tough read).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think two weeks. I will probably have to renew them. :)

      Delete