A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Guess how many pounds of cat litter we bought! (Super Productive Monday!)

Some people dread Mondays, but I don’t mind them! That’s not to say I want the weekend to be over... I wouldn’t mind if the weekend lasted forever! But provided I have a fun and restful weekend, I find that my Mondays are very productive since I am recharged.

It also helps that I don’t have piano lessons or rehearsals on Mondays. Mondays are the rare day of the week where I can go home after work and not do anything. (“Not do anything” means do a puzzle, watch Jake Tapper, and drink wine.)

Yesterday, I had a lot on my work “to do list”, but I’m proud to say that I didn’t dilly dally around. I got right to work setting up my classroom, prepared for the formal observation I have in two weeks (eek!!!), and organized all of the third graders’ recorders. It’s important I work as hard as I can at the beginning of the week because as the week goes on, my motivation deteriorates!

After work, Paul and I did something crazy we have never done before. We drove around to three stores and bought as much cat litter as we could! We always need cat litter, and I’m tired of going to the store several times a month to pick it up. Why not just go and load up like crazy?



We ended up with 345lbs!!!!


Some Facebook friends ended up recommending Amazon or Chewy.com to have litter delivered. I looked at the Chewy prices and I think I am going to sign up for auto shipments with that company after we run out of what we have now.

How long do you think 345lbs of litter will last us!?
What is the most productive day of the week for you?
Mondays, yay or nay?
Do you have anything auto shipped?

13 comments:

  1. With 2 cats, how long does a container of cat liter last. I am ufamiliar on how it is even used since I never had a cat. Do you pour some in the box every day?

    We have Baylee's pills autoshipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. Paul is in charge of litter but I think I can answer. One of those 20lb containers will last more than a week. 1.5-2 weeks? We have two litter boxes but they don't go in the one. My guess is that all this litter will last 8 months!?

      We do not fill the box every day but we try to scoop every day because our cats poop a lot. We prob DUMP the litter box and refill it every 1.5-2 weeks??? I am gonna keep track now.

      Delete
  2. I laughed so hard when I saw this picture on FB. I don't mind Mondays for the same reasons as you--I am typically recharged and ready. But, Tuesdays are a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and how about a Tuesday with a delay? I don't feel like doing ANYTHING today! What a difference a day makes...

      Delete
  3. Yeah I told Paul I wish we got more but we got ALL they had of our particular kind at Giant, Weis, and Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One 20lb container lasts me maybe 2 weeks. I clean the boxes each week so it'll go out with the trash pickup. Allie loves her litter. I consider it the second most important purchase, behind her food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is important for cats to like their litter!

      Delete
  5. I hope this lasts you a long time!!!!

    I change Cecil's litter cartridge once per month. Each cartridge costs about $15 but I don't think that's too bad. I would honestly pay more for the convenience of only having to change the box once per month, it's definitely one of my least favorite chores. When I was growing up my mom always cleaned the litter boxes so it was quite a shock to my system when I started having to clean them myself lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $15 a month is not bad at all. I'm sure you spend that on cat little.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, that's a lot of cat litter! How much do you go through in a week?

    The only thing I have currently on auto-shipment is my collagen peptides (because you get a discount on Amazon), but I can see ho it's convenient for a lot of things!

    I don't mind Mondays much, but I am always sad to see the weekend go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much we go through! Paul takes care of the litter. What we bought will last us MONTHS though... like 8 months!?

      Delete
  7. When we had foster kittens we used the non-clumbing litter. That actually wasn't that bad. There wasn't a lot of dust, which I liked. Otherwise, I just go buy huge containers when we run out for our cats. It's not the most convenient because they are hard to lift, but oh well, I make Alan do it. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to use the non clumping but for some reason Paul wants to change. He's in charge of that so I don't argue. Looks like you are in the same boat, your man does the litter!!! :)

      Delete