A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thursdays be CRAY CRAY!


Guys, my Thursdays are CRAY CRAY! It's all of my doing so I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious...

My Thursdays are absolutely nuts!

(Some of you are going to read this and be like... that's not a crazy schedule, that looks like one of my calm days! I suppose it's all relative!)

Here is what my Thursday schedule will be until March:

5:30am (or earlier if Jelly wakes me up): Wake up.

6:00-7:10: Workout, stretch.

7:10-7:30: Get ready for school.

7:30-7:55: Drive to school.

7:55-3:40: Work.

3:40-4:00: Drive home.

4:00-4:30: Shower, get dressed, make and pack dinner.

4:30-6:00: Teach 3 piano lessons.

6:00-7:00: Drive to Gettysburg for rehearsal. (I leave early due to parking/traffic, etc.)

7:00-9:30: Godspell rehearsal.

9:30-10:00: Drive home.

10:00-10:30: Get ready for bed. Go to bed as close to 10:30 as possible! (Sleep never happens until 11:30!)

I am not someone who thrives off of being super busy. I think it's because when I'm at work I'm always busy, moving, managing, etc. So I like the rest of my life to be calm.

To help me deal with the crazy schedule that comes with having a full time job, a part time job, and doing a show, I am going to try not to make ANY PLANS. That doesn't mean we won't go out and do things, I just don't want the pressure of PLANS. I do have my eye on some Sunday races but they are trail race so it's easy to have those on my calendar in pencil.

What day(s) of the week is super crazy for you?
Do you thrive off being busy?

19 comments:

  1. On the bright side, at least you have the hour ride in the car to decompress, maybe listen to your favorite podcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I love the drive down! Actually now I am practicing the music for the show in the car (on the way there at least) but once I have it all learned and memorized, I will listen to podcasts.

      Delete
  2. It seems like Thursdays involve a lot of running around for you. I think my Monday/Tuesday/Thursdays are the craziest because I try to rush home after work so I don't have to run in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run in the dark but it's morning darkness. I don't think I ever came home after work and had to run in the dark. On the VERY RARE occasion I run after work I try to get home and do it right away too.

      Delete
  3. I feel like it's a pretty crazy schedule because that's a long day! The busiest day for me is usually Tuesday because that's when all my work meetings are, but I never have a whole lot going on after work, at least...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long day, but luckily it's not every day! I don't think I could do it.

      Delete
  4. That is a LONG day! I know how crazy that schedule can feel because I did it in grad school. I'd get up at 5am to go to work from 7-4pm then I taught Public Speaking from 5-6pm then I went to class from 7-10pm and got home around 10:45pm. It's exhausting and I was young then. I can't imagine having that kind of schedule now, but at least you are doing something fun at night! I'm sure that makes it better! When do your shows start again? How are rehearsals going? Are you going to write a post all about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds intense! I can't believe you did that every day. I can handle a crazy day once a week for sure but not every day and not long term like that. Shows are the first three weekends in March- Fri, Sat Sun. The week before that is tech week so that will be crazy but I cancelled my piano lessons that week. Yes, doing something SUPER FUN makes being busy easier. I get very excited to go to rehearsal and sing something other than the Bear Hunt. ;) Rehearsals are going well. I'm not sure how much I will write about them. We'll see!

      Delete
  5. I like a balance of busy and calm. Right now, staying at home and barely going anywhere is driving me bonkers. But I know going back to school 5 days a week will be exhausting. I'd love a part time job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like part time would be the perfect balance for you!

      Delete
  6. I do like busy - but sometimes it is just exhausting. I canceled a ladies group run this week because with my other stuff going on every night I would just feel stretched too thin! Sounds like a very long day for you. Keep healthy!! I'm usually susceptible to a cold when I'm running around busy too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and when you are stretched like that it is hard to enjoy the fun stuff! It's like... wait, this is supposed to be fun!

      Delete
  7. Girl I am tired just reading that! I know how it goes though. Two Wednesdays a month are my busy day when I have choir rehearsal. Those days can get long! I like having things to do and look forward to, but I definitely don't thrive on being busy too much either. I need my introvert time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you do this on very little sleep! Wow!

    I thrive on super busy, it just makes my brain work better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I mean, I believe it because you are always going, going, going!

      Delete
  9. No, this is a crazy long day and I can only handle one of those every once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete