Hey all! Are you tired of reading about everyone's New Years goals yet? Well I hope you have room for one more post about goals...
First, let's do the obligatory look back on my 2017 goals and how I did. (Don't worry, I'll make this short!)
1. Learn Spanish- I spent several months learning Spanish and even went to some classes at the library. But as the summer went on, I stopped practicing. I am sad to say I forget a lot of what I learned. Grade: C
2. Make a financial plan- Nope. Didn't do it. I mean, we saved money and I donated to my retirement, but we didn't male a "plan". Grade: F.
3. Spend less money on "stuff" and more on experiences- We definitely spent money on experiences and I think we improved a little on the "stuff" category but not a ton. Grade: C.
4. Do this:
We did it for like 2.5 months and stopped. Grade: D.
5. Become more active politically- I voted. I called my reps. I stayed informed of issues. I donated money. I spoke out. I could do more. Grade: B.
Geez, I didn't do very well at all! I guess I didn't want to reach these goals bad enough, because I think if I really wanted to, I could have done it!
With that in mind, I took a look at my 2018 goals and narrowed it down from 8 goals to 4 goals. "What do I really want???" was on my mind.
1. Run more trail. I have to get out there and run trail more often because I LOVE IT. These days, I am too scared to do it alone (bears, and snakes and rapes, oh my!), so that means finding some groups or friends to run with. I already have trail running friends and know of group runs so I am good to go. There is NO REASON I shouldn't be able to achieve this goal!
2. Read more. I love to read. I have always loved to read. But as I have gotten older, I made less time for reading. I'm not going to pick a number of books per month or anything like that, mainly because I know I will fail! I just want to be sure I make time to read something other than blogs or reddit.
3. Make a financial plan. I STILL WANT TO DO THIS. Paul, this is our mutual goal, okay? (I wonder if Paul will read this?)
4. Perform! In December I went to three auditions before getting cast in Godspell. So I will be very busy rehearsing/performing through March. If this is a good experience and I am able to balance work, piano lessons, and rehearsing, then I would like to do another show this year. If I did one in the summer it would be less crazy.
We'll see if I REALLY want to achieve these goals or not. They are COMPLETELY attainable, wouldn't you agree? So if I don't reach them, it's my own fault!
Did you make any goals for 2018?
How did you do with your 2017 goals?