First of all, YESTERDAY I wrote all about my sunglasses... and forgot to post this picture of me from 1987. Looks like I always liked sunglasses!!!!
Anyhoo, back to Friday 5...
Our vacation to NorCal is approaching fast!
Here are 5 things I'm looking forward to...
1. Hiking! These are the hikes I have picked out:
- Rockefeller, Big Tree, and Homestead Loops in Humboldt Redwood State Park
- Bluffs Trail in Gualala Point Regional Park
- Dunes Trail in Bodega Bay
- Tennesse Valley Beach Hike in Golden Gate National Recreation Area
2. Explore the cute little town of Sausalito. I think this is what Paul is the most excited for! He loved Sausalito the last time we were there.
3. Run the Table Rock 30k Trail Race. I'm not racing this race, but I do look forward to running through the redwoods on some of the most beautiful trails in the world!
4. Relax on Stinson Beach. The last time we were at Stinson Beach, I went for a short trail run while Paul relaxed. This time, we'll be there for 3 days, which will give us plenty of time to hike the nearby trails as well as just lay on the beach.
5. Visit the Winchester Mystery House. This is something we wanted to do when we visited San Francisco several years ago, but we just didn't have the time. But this trip, we are making the time. We are spending the whole last day of our trip in San Fran before we take a RED EYE home. We'll have time to pop down to San Jose to do this.
Edit: This podcast from Stuff You Should Know talks about Sarah Winchester and the house! From their website: "After her daughter and husband died, heiress Sarah Winchester became obsessed with the idea that spirits haunted her and to appease them she had to have a house continuously built for them. So she did - 24 hours a day for 38 years."