Today, I will share 5 random things about the week.
1. I got my hurr cut. It needed cut so. freaking. bad. I told my stylist to make it shorter than ever before!
2. We are in the market for a patio table. Ideally, it's a smaller table that seats 2-4 people and is the pub style. I found the perfect one at Stauffer's the other day, unfortunately, it was about $1700 out of my price range!
I'm currently looking on Craigslist. I feel like that will be more closely aligned with our budget! But, ah, a girl can dream...
3. Poison Sumac?. Today, I'm going to clean the side of my shed. But I am concerned that some of the new growth beside it is poison sumac! Some people think it looks like sumac, while others lean toward tree of heaven. Any experts out there?
4. Bunnies are eating the plant on my front stoop. I'm pissed! After asking for help on Facebook, I went to the Stauffer's to get something to spray on my plant to deter the bunnies from eating it. The spray smells so bad. It smells like poop, but worse.
5. We had quite the curbside circus on trash night... This is what we put out:
1 huge can of trash
2 cans of yard waste
1 can of recycles
Our broken storm door
A tub of junk
An old dresser.
After putting everything out, I showered and went to my hair appointment. When I got back, the bikes were gone! I was glad. I wondered if the municipal garbage truck would take the rest of our junk...
But then, when I was smack dab in the middle of making brown rice, the junk truck came past our house. Not the municipal garbage truck, but the junk truck that comes around the night before to salvage stuff!
"MEG, THE JUNK TRUCK IS HERE, COME LOOK!" Paul yelled.
I abandoned my rice and started snapping shots for you...
They took the screen door AND the wheelbarrow!
NOTE: I am NOT making fun of the trash truck guys. I feel SICK throwing so much out and I am so happy someone is taking it to possibly clean up and sell, use, or whatever.
When I woke up Thursday morning, I went straight to the front window to see if the municipal garbage truck took all our stuff...