A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Happy Thursday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Yesterday was a snow day, but I made the most of it! I ventured out for a 4 miler in the morning. It was snowing, and by the time I was done with my run, the roads were a little slippy.



Then I met a friend for coffee. This is where I got to test out my new car in the snow. There wasn't enough snow to plow, so the roads had snow on them, but not a ton. I made it a mile and a half to the coffee shop with no problems.

After coffee, it was a different story. There was several inches of snow in the parking lot and the plow made a nice big hump I had to drive over. Luckily, my new car easily got over the hump. I'm a big girl!

I debated on whether to go to Aldi or not. The roads were very covered with snow, but I really wanted to spend a good portion of my day making quiche. I opted to go to Aldi. Why did I buy an SUV if I wasn't going to drive it in the snow!?
I almost freaked out when I saw this...


... luckily, there were plenty of cage free eggs. They were triple the price, but I bought them. Ethically, they should be what I'm buying anyway.

When I got home, I went for a 2 mile run in the snow. It was actually less slippy than my morning run as long as I stayed in the snow and not the tire tracks. (By the way, I know slippy isn't a real word, but where I'm from, it sort of is.)



The rest of my day was so productive! I did all the wash and folded it, I cleaned my whole house, and I made three quiche!



Quiche #1: ham, broccoli, onion, cheddar, mushrooms
Quiche #2: black beans, tomato, onion, cumin, ground turkey
Quiche #3: spinach, feta, tomato, mushrooms


NOW, HERE IS THE NIGHTMARE THAT HAPPENED AROUND 2:30PM...

I was arranging some items in my bathroom cabinet and I freaking dropped a bottle of nail polish. It splashed EVERYWHERE... on the floor, on the toilet, on the wall, on my leg.... I have literally worried about this happening ever since I stopped biting my nails and started painting them. I took a shot of run, put on a podcast, and got to work. It took awhile, but my bathroom is spotless. My leg will probably take a little longer...


Do you buy cage free eggs?

Is your car good in the snow?
Do you say slippy or slippery?
Did you ever spill a bottle of nail polish?

8 comments:

  1. My car is ok in the snow (I also barreled over a plow hump this week ) but we are going to get snow tires for next year, I think. We go skiing up in Vermont so we want to be as safe as possible for those adventures.

    The nail polish nightmare sounds awful!! But in those situations you can't afford to hesitate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that makes sense! I was just driving on little town roads, not back roads or up big hills!

      As I as scrubbing the nail polish, I wondered what I would have done it if happened right before I had to leave for work. I would have had to stay home right!?

      Delete
  2. This is so weird that you are talking about nail polish because just last night ( or maybe it was this morning), I had a dream that I was sitting at my desk at work eating nail polish! I have no stinking clue where that dream came from...haha.
    Yes, I've said slippy before!
    I tried to be productive for my half day yesterday. I finally washed my down coat, I cleaned my kitchen, did other laundry, and spent time with Baylee. I'd call it a win for the extra time I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a crazy dream hahaha! That is some good productivity for only a half day!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you were really productive with your snow day! We had a snow day yesterday too but we mostly used it to just goof off and relax :) My car is decent in the snow but not the best. So I do my best to avoid driving in the snow if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey goofing off and relaxing are great snow day activities! I just had some energy so I figured I'd put it to good use. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, I buy cage free eggs. I tell myself that I taste the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha because they are from happy chickens. :)

      Delete