A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Weekly Workouts



It was a weird week of aches and pains that came on suddenly and disappeared just as suddenly...

Thanks for everyone's advice yesterday on my aches and pains! I'm going to be taking it easy next week. I think my body is saying, "hold up girl!"


Saturday- 6 rainy miles. I would have loved for it to be sunny and hot for this run. Instead, it was chilly and cold. But a run is a run.

Sunday- 6 neighborhood miles. La la la.

Monday- 2 deck of cards workouts. My left leg felt jacked up. Kind of hammy/hip area. I can't explain it other than it felt "jacked". Do you know that feeling? Later on I did a lot of yard work including chopping down a bush. That's hard work!

Tuesday- Lifting upper body at home. Paul and I are going to start going to the gym again though. Isn't that exciting?

Wednesday- 6 miles. My leg felt that jacked up feeling again and then later on it HURT! Kind of my groin and my upper ITB. What the heck? I guess I will be taking some days off running.

Thursday- Lifting upper body at home. Leg felt fine. But my left FOOT felt like I was going to get plantar fasciitis! I was terrified all day. I stretched my feet, foam rolled, and hoped for the best...

Friday- Lifting upper body at home. My foot felt a little weird in the morning at first but walking around barefoot made it feel normal. It felt normal throughout the day. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!???
How were your workouts this week?

7 comments:

  1. I know how it feels to sometimes feel janky or wonky! It's so weird. I hope that a few days off will do the trick, and it's a perfect time of the year to just chill for a bit with school letting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I may try a run today. Yesterday I did one DOC workout which was the first thing involving my legs/feet I did since Wed. All went well for the 23 min I spent doing it. So a walk or run may be okay today. We'll see!

      Delete
  2. I hope a day or two of rest and you are back to your normal routine. You did have a great week of workouts. This week I had 3 runs, 4 bike rides -- I failed on a rest day and I never got in the pool. Next week will be better..I will make sure I do both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so much you love to do I bet it is hard to squeeze into a week! Did you ever think about making your "week" 9 days instead of 7?? :) I did that for awhile and loved it. I ran 5 days and lifted 4.

      Delete
    2. I actually don't really count weeks...I just workout. But I do try to take some rest about every 7-10 days!

      Delete
  3. Wait, did you just turn 50 too? :) Sorry about these aches and pains. Sometimes our body and brains just aren't on the same plan! That's good you and Paul are going back to the gym. I really have to get on a schedule for my strength training again. I miss my lunch hour workouts!

    ReplyDelete