A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, May 21, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

 

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend. It feels like it's been so long since we had a "normal" weekend!
Here's what we were up to...

FREAKING A, IT'S FRIDAY!!!! My day started with an upper body lifting session at home. I got this Muscle Milk at Big Lots a couple days ago. It was so freaking good! So chocolatey! (I ended up going back to Big Lots on Saturday and getting 8 more!)


Work was work. The kids are done. Which makes me done. However, I was ready for the day...



After work, Paul and I went to his aunt and uncle's house to cat sit Leo and Sammy They are babies!


Then we had drinks and dinner at Federal Tap House. They make a damn good dirty martini and they have 50 beers on tap. The food was good but I felt like it was overpriced.





 When I got home, I couldn't wait to go to bed. Then I realized I forgot that I had to take my car to the shop so it could get inspected Saturday morning. We have one car and I'm the only one who drives, which meant I had to drive it to the shop (1/2 mile away) and walk home. I was not happy.

I went to bed as soon as I got home.

I slept in and it felt great! I got a call that my car was ready. It didn't need anything fixed, just the inspection! That's great news. My car is paid for and I'm going to drive it until it's dead. It's so nice not having a car payment.

That morning I started a puzzle, but it was hard and I didn't get too far. This is my puzzle buddy...



Then I went for a rainy 6 miler, which ended at the shop so I could pick up my car. Nothing was wrong with it! How awesome is that!?


I had generic Captain Crunch for lunch. I can't remember the last time I had Captain Crunch! It was soooo good!


After I ate and showered, Paul and I headed out and about. We had to check on the kitties again...


... Then it was off to Kohl's. I needed tank tops and short sleeved shirts for summer. I also got a visor to run in. I lost mine at the Damn Half last year.

Next, we went to Country Market so I could get all the veggies and herbs for my garden.


When we got home, I did some cooking. Then I kicked Paul's ass in cards.




It was a good night!
When I woke up, Chrissy was nestled in with me. I love when he sleeps with me.


I went for a run. It was slow (as usual these days) but enjoyable.

Then we went to my Aunt Patti and Uncle Randy's house for their annual spring picnic. It was so fun to hang out with my family. The kids went puddle jumping, which was super fun to watch!









We got home a little after dinner, and even though it was late, I decided to put in my garden. I did: 5 tomatoes, 4 peppers, 3 yellow squash, 3 zukes, dill, cilantro, basil, and rosemary. I have two eggplants and a mint plant as well but I am waiting until tomorrow to plant them because I don't know where to put them yet!


Do/did your kids go puddle jumping?
Did you plant your garden yet?
Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could have a garden but I can barely take care of house plants! I was by myself all weekend and was actually thinking about giving you a call!
    I ended up spending Many hours messing with itunes and trying to transfer songs from my old computer to my new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any house plants... I don't know how to take car of those! :) How did you end up transferring your music? USB cable?

      Delete
  2. We don't have car inspections here in Florida, which is probably why a lot of people drive cars that end up breaking down on the highway causing backups for hours esp. during rush hour. Do inspections stop that sort of thing from happening commonly where you are? If they find something that needs to be fixed what happens?

    I've never seen anyone else drink Muscle Milk besides Adam, he loves it haha. He always buys a couple at the grocery store. He says if he diabetes didn't exist he would exclusively drink chocolate milk with every meal lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just assumed all states had car inspections! I have seen cars on the side of highways before but not one in the road tying up traffic. I guess I am glad we have to get our cars inspected because otherwise I would never know if something was wrong with my car, if I needed new tires, if my break pads were okay, etc. So there are certain things your car HAS to have to pass inspection (don't ask me what!) and if something needs fixed, then you have to get it fixed before you get your inspection sticker. If you are driving a car that is not inspected, you can get fined. It's basically against the law!

      Delete
  3. We don't have car inspections in SC; I think that's a northern thing but we really need to have them because there are cars on the road here that shouldn't be. I'm glad yours passed but sorry you had to walk home after!

    Muscle milk and protein shakes are good! I love making smoothies but sometimes the bottled ones are good especially on the go.

    We don't have a garden... some of our friends do and I think it's awesome, but it would be a lot of work and I don't think Clay and I really have the time for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought car inspections were everywhere, I had no idea! I think I like Muscle Milk more than the protein shakes I make, but they are too expensive to make a habit out of. My garden isn't too much work, but then again I don't know how much time is too much time for a garden in your book. It needs watered on the days it doesn't rain, so that takes like 5 minutes. Then just little maintenance stuff... that doesn't need to happen every day but say maybe 5 minutes. Then picking the veggies takes some time but that's the fun part! I would say my garden takes me ten minutes a day MAXIMUM.

      Delete
  4. Kids jumping on puddles!! how awesome is that! did the adults jump in the puddles too? At the race I was at on Saturday, the kids were loving all the puddles and jumping into every single on one of them.

    Last time I went puddle jumping was at the Squirrely Tail trail race!

    how many days left of school?










    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute to see the kiddos playing in the puddles! We have emissions tests in Colorado that your car has to pass. Newer cars are exempt for 5 years because they assume they run clean. Fun fact, my dad's entire career at Colorado State University centered around vehicle emissions...standards, testing, research :) Rick and I spent a rainy weekend shopping. We booked a trip to Peru next year and 4 days of the trip we are trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu! It was good to get back to work because we spent entirely too much money (somehow along w/ buying camping and hiking gear, Rick decided to get a few new golf clubs and I decided I needed new running shoes and a bunch of shorts). If it wouldn't have been raining our entire weekend would have been watching our nephew play baseball. Mother Nature cost us a few $$$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have emissions tests too. Well, we did. I think Trump is getting rid of those, right!?

      Omg your trip sounds freaking AWESOME! Money is worth it for the experience. I know you know that.

      Delete