A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Weekly Workouts!

Before we get to my workouts, I'd like to wish my BABY BOY A HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY!


Chrissy, you may be 11, which in cat years means you're an old man, but you will always and forever be my BABY!

Now that we have the most important announcement out of the way, here are my workouts:




A race, lifting, speed work and neighborhood running.
Just another week of workouts in Meg Go Run's world!


Saturday- Safe Harbor Half Marathon. This was the strangest race I ever ran! There were only 12 people running the half and 6 dropped out... mainly because of a CRAZY MAN WITH A GUN!

Sunday- Lifting @ home. My shoulder continues to feel a lot better. I'm so glad I babied it for a month! Now it's time to get swole.

Monday- 6 morning miles! My quads and calves were still a little sore from the half on Saturday. But other than that, I didn't feel creaky or anything.

Tuesday- Lifting chest @ home. Still doing light weights. I feel like I have been so careful with my shoulder, I don't want to have a setback.

Wednesday- 6 morning miles. It was 40 degrees, which is quite warm in my book! I had a great podcast to listen to about the death of Kendrick Johnson. Was it an accident or murder? I am leaning toward accident. Look it up! Warning: It's sad.

Thursday- 8 afternoon miles. Spring break, baby! I was speedy on this run! I even ran one of my miles @ a 7:59! Who am I!?


Friday- 6 miles total- Speed work! I was inspired by reading so many Friday 5 posts about runners doing speed work and earning PRs. I wanted to get outside my comfort zone. This is what I did: 1.5 miles to warm up, then alternated 1/2 mile hard and 1/2 mile easy. My "hard" was anywhere between 6:45-7:15. My easy actually got faster as my speed work went on.

How were your workouts this week?

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Chrissy!
    I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better. I have a race in 13 days so I need to start hammering down and make these miles count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chrissy!

    I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete