A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Vacation! (All I ever wanted!) part 2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Hey all! Today it's part two of our summer vacation plans. As I mentioned yesterday, we are taking several shorter trips to destinations we can drive to.

Here are the second two trips we have planned during mid July and Early August...


New York City, NY

We will be spending just one night in NYC, but it will be awesome! Here are some of the things we're looking forward to doing while there!

  • Paul will be seeing Radiohead at Madison Square Garden!
  • I will be seeing Beautiful on Broadway
  • Running in Central Park
  • Possibly visiting the 9/11 Museum and Little Italy
I would really like your suggestions on what to do on the second day we are in NYC. Our train doesn't leave until 5pm. My two ideas were the 9/11 Museum and Little Italy, but I am totally open to other suggestions.



Cape Cod, MA

We will be spending three nights in Cape Cod. We have never been there before, so I really look forward to any tips you can give us. The main goal of this trip is to not have a whole lot planned and just RELAX. Here are some of the things we're looking forward to doing while there!

  • RELAX.
  • Visit the Lizzie Borden House on the way
  • Visit Martha's Vineyard

Cape Cod tips?

What should we do on Wednesday morning/early afternoon in NYC?

Have you been to the 9/11 Memorial?

Would you stay overnight in the Lizzie Borden House?

9 comments:

  1. I'm kinda jealous of ALL your vacation destinations. I think it's more fun to go on a lot of short trips rather than one huge trip, too. Love that you're able to go to so many places that are fun but fairly close to home. I always feel like we have to drive forever to get anywhere from Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mapped it and you are right, it does seem like you are pretty far from vacation destinations. I do think Central PA is a great place to live for many day trip/weekend trip options.

      Delete
  2. You are right, PA is in a great location. Not too far from lots of attractions.

    As far as NYC, there are of course a ton of tours you could take and museums to go to but my favorite is Madame Tussauds wax museum. I've been to both museums in NYC and in London and they did not disappoint. I haven't been there for a while though so I am curious to see who all is in there now. I got my picture with Matt Lower last time I was there, I wonder if he is still there?....haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh I am not sure if Matt Lauer would still be there! I actually have been to Madame Tussauds in NYC but it was a long time ago. I am not sure Paul would enjoy that but I will ask him. It is amazing how lifelike everyone looks.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Matt Lauer (stupid auto correct). Hey there is an NFL museum there somewhere too. Maybe Paul would enjoy that!

      Delete
  3. I had to look up Lizzie Borden. Is there really a bed and breakfast?

    I have been to the 9/11 Memorial, it's pretty moving. There are two sections, one is the fountain and you can see that and the names on the fountain. You can also go inside, but I think to go in the museum it's an extra fee... I don't know what that is.

    The one thing I always love seeing in New York City is the Statue of Liberty, it is truly amazing every single time! and the museum at Ellis Island, especially if you know you had relatives/ancestors come though Ellis Island.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house in which she allegedly hacked her parents to death IS the bed and breakfast! You can take tours of the house. I can't freaking wait!

      Yes going inside the museum has a fee and that's what we were thinking of doing. I would really like to see the fountain too.

      Delete
  4. Check out a harbor cruise. I went on a dinner one a long time ago but my son and his wife went on a daytime one. Some will go from one end to thenothernsontou see the complete skyline, go under the Brooklyn Bridge, and then right up to and by by Statue of Liberty. There's also some theatre tours where you go to some of the older Broadway theatres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day time cruise could be a good idea. I think it would be cool to go up close to the statue of liberty. I'll check it out, thanks!

      Delete