A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Beach Getaway! (Part 1)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Paul and I just got home from a very short beach getaway! On Tuesday, we headed down to Cape May, NJ and spent the day there. Wednesday and Thursday were spent in Wildwood, NJ. I'm not going to tell you every single thing we did, but here are some highlights!

(I realized this was a little long so I broke it up into two parts. Check out Part 2 tomorrow!)

Cape May Lighthouse

The internet told us to go here. The lighthouse was very tall and pretty. 



Inside, you had to climb up 190 steps on a spiral staircase to get to the top. It was so hot inside, but we managed to get to the top in about... hmm... 3 minutes? We felt fine and weren't too winded. I did not feel comfortable at the top so I only stayed out there a few minutes. In my opinion, it was a waste of $16. Especially since the next day my calves were KILLING ME. They were SO FREAKING SORE after just 3 minutes of stair climbing! They actually stayed sore for several days.


We tried to get a pic with the lighthouse in the back!


CAMEL TOE lol!

Paul pointed to the sign and said "Three out of four of these pertain to me."

Beach time @ Cape May

I love sitting in my beach chair reading in the scorching sun, then cooling off in the ocean. The ocean was perfect that day because the water got deep very quickly. You did not have to go far from the shoreline to be able to swim, which I was really happy about. I like swimming in the ocean but I also like feeling safe!



Washington Street Mall


After our long day on the beach, we putzed around the Washington Street Mall. We meandered in and out of shops and had dinner at an Irish pub. For an appetizer we had rueben egg rolls- YUM FREAKING YUM!!!

Zero makeup, zero bra, zero fucks.

No bra fittings or this girl!
Have you ever been to Cape May or Wildwood?
Where do you like to hit the beach?

16 comments:

  1. Hi Megan - I actually live relatively close to Cape May in an area called Galloway. You might have seen signs for it on your way down there. I love Cape May - my good girlfriend from college used to have an awesome house there before her divorce. It's a really lovely area.
    We go to a beach called Brigantine. Parts of it allow you to drive your 4x4 onto the beach - it is awesome because you don't have to carry anything, you park right next to the ocean!
    glad you had fun! enjoy your weekend! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome you live so close to Cape May. I like the Jersey Shore. :) I have heard of Brigantine- a friend of mine was there while we were in Wildwood. So cool that you can drive onto the beach because I hate walking in sand!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun trip! I don't think we have ever gone to the lighthouse in all our years visiting that area. Is the Washington street mall the outside area you can walk around with lots of shops and restaurants? If so, we go there every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not missing anything with the lighthouse! Yes, you're right that is the Washington Street Mall! I like the store there called Just For Laughs.

      Delete
  3. What a fun day! I see ya'll are total rule breakers in climbing that lighthouse, but YOLO :) When I was younger my family and I went to Wildwood. Loved it so much. Now our beach scene is Lake Loveland but I am OK w/ that. As long as there is some water to swim in I am happy. P.S. camel toe shot made me LOL--you are way too funny my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I swam in a lake today!!!! Paul said I better shower right when I get home or I will smell like poop. He thinks people smell like poop after they swim in a lake lol.

      Glad you liked my camel toe shot! You GET my sense of humor!

      Delete
    2. Oh, how fun. I love swimming at the lake but will also shower when I am done. No smelling like poop for this girl (even though it's my religion, remember?!?). LOL. Yeah, I get your sense of humor. And I love it.

      Delete
  4. Looks like part 1 was fun! Yea, $16 for a walk up the lighthouse seems a little much! So funny that you saw that bra fitting sign.

    I like any beach at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beach weekend sounds perfect and yours looks divine! Love the lighthouse and lol on the camel toe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a better beach goer than I am! As much as I LOVE looking at the sand and water I hate being touched by both! I do not enjoy when sand gets stuck to my body and I never, ever go into the water because I am afraid of stepping on something that will puncture my foot. Even if I am wearing those water shoes I don't particularly enjoy swimming in the ocean because all the fish poop in the ocean and I don't want that floating into my mouth by accident! I like to admire the sand and ocean from my running path :)

    That's so funny that you found a bra fitting sign! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I find it QUITE interesting that my two friends that live closest to the beach do not enjoy it at all!!!! :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah it felt a little tight going up the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I liked the beach and ocean more. I guess for me, the Gulf is so warm it hardly cools me off, and I don't like how hot I get when I'm in the sun for too long! But if we bring a tent to the beach, I can enjoy myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul needs an umbrella or it is not enjoyable for him. I figured I'd want under it at some point but I just basked! So you and Kristina, my two FL friends do not like the beach!!!! ;)

      Delete