Kristen @ Sweat Courage started a new blog series- 10 Day You Challenge.
Today is 5 Foods!
I don't have anything too terribly interesting to say about food right now. What do you want to know? I eat a lot of chicken breast, a lot of shredded wheat, lots of broccoli and sweet potatoes, tortilla chips, cheese, scotch, coffee... Not much ice cream lately as my sweet tooth has vanished and has been replaced by a severe desire for the new Pringles Tortillas. Have you tried them? SO GOOD!
So I thought I would do something different. Here are 5 of my favorite posts that I wrote about food. I hope you enjoy them!
I use to post recipes because I thought you had to do that to be a blogger! However, these really are the best pumpkin cookies ever, and it is the season to start making them! I have the recipe updated with gluten free info from my friend who tried it.
I can't even read the WIAW posts. "Oh, I had 3 carrot sticks and some celery juice." BARF!
The fact that he wrote this makes me so sad because I love Bob, but I don't love THIS!
I used to overeat alllll the time. I'm like, an expert.
I've been there too!
Share a link in the comments of one of your favorite "food related" blog posts you wrote or one of your favorite ones you have read!
I am thinking of you today and sending you all positive thoughts and energy! So super excited to hear how your race goes.ReplyDelete
I'll be honest, I disagree with most food/nutrition blogs. Having a 4 year degree in Nutrition and using myself as an "experiment" for about 20 years, I have found (mostly) what works for me. Basically comes down to this: variety, balance, moderation. Do "good" about 80% of the time and "be free" the other 20% of the time (within reason). Because of food intolerance, I can't do dairy and must limit gluten but I try to just eat real food (bacon, butter included), not too much of it and exercise in moderation. During the work week, it's pretty easy to stay "on plan" and then on the weekend, I have any splurge I want. Seems to really work for me!!
I love your blog because I feel you found yourself on a similar journey and have incorporated a similar plan and have found SUCCESS!! You inspire me with the running because as I come back from injury & issue I hope I can find a sustainable plan to keep me running happy & healthy!
Thank you, Meg. You are awesome!!
I am glad you found what works for you and I feel like our plans are VERY similar! I think it would be so cool do have a degree in nutrition. Thanks so much for your kind words. :)Delete
I have not heard or seen the new Pringle's tortillas but that sounds sooo good! I hope your race went well this morning, can't wait to hear about it!!ReplyDelete
They are great, if you see them, grab 'em! :) Race went well, recap tomorrow! :)Delete
WIAW is SO boring to me. I feel like it's just a cop out so bloggers have something to write about and it's never interesting.ReplyDelete
Yup. The only WIAW I want to read is like of someone who weighs 700lbs. I would be interested in seeing what they eat.Delete
I don't see it on my blogs quite as much anymore but I would always skip WIAW. I do like foodie blogs but I don't need to know what a person is eating the entire day!ReplyDelete
Same here, so boring!Delete
I love your take on 5 foods!! Plus it was fun to go back and see some of the posts from before we became friends!!!ReplyDelete
I'm with you - I don't get the WIAW. Plus mine would be without pictures because I rarely take a picture of my food and would more than likely include a cocktail (or 2) or wine!!!
I am not good at taking food pics. Even if it looks yummy in real life, it looks like cat food in my photos! Everyone would be like... ewwww, you ate that!?Delete
I am counting down the hours until your new post so I can read all about the 10K!!!ReplyDelete
I feel like WIAW posts have mostly gone away.... or maybe I just removed all of those blogs from my reader! So boring! I could deal with them if the food photography was good (like on Spoons blog), but without something pretty to look at... zZzzzZz.
They are either removed from my feed or I skip them. But there must be a demand for them because some people do 'em!Delete
I agree! I am guilty of eating past full sometimes! I try to tell myself if I get hungry later, there is always more. There is no point in trying to shovel it all in.ReplyDelete