What a non stop week! My weeks are getting busier. I took on some new piano students. Now I teach lessons on Tuesdays from 4pm-7pm. On Thursdays, I teach from 4pm-7:30pm with a break between 6-7. But I am looking to fill in that time slot! If you are looking for piano lessons for you child, contact me, as I only have two spots left!
By the time Friday rolled around, I was ready for relaxation...
That was me this week!
I had a lot of catching up to do on Friday night!
I planned to run 10 miles on Saturday, but I missed a turn, so the run ended up being 11 miles. This is the longest I have run since... I believe June! I kept it at a "plod along pace". When I was done, I didn't want to go any farther, but I could have. That's a good sign. It would be nice to get my long runs long again. But then I ask myself, "For what purpose?" Do I really need to be running longer than 10-ish miles on the weekends if I'm not training for a marathon? No.
That afternoon, Paul and I headed up to Knoebels Grove to meet my parents, brother, SIL and nieces for some Halloween fun at the park. A lot of the rides were open and everything was decorated for Halloween. Think "Hershey Park in the Dark" but waaaaaaaaaay more wallet friendly.
My niece rode the fire engines not one, not two, but FOUR times!
Paul loves America!
- Parking and entry into the park is FREE.
- You can pack your own food and drinks so you're not forced to buy expensive/unhealthy park food if you don't want to.
- You can buy an all day riding pass or pay for each ride with tickets.
- Knoebels has one of the highest ranked wooden roller coasters in the country- The Phoenix, and one of the best Haunted Mansions in the country!
- Animals are allowed in the park. There are even three rides you can take your dog on- the carousel, the pioneer train, and the antique cars! (One thing I have not been able to figure out... do dogs need tickets to ride.
**Knoebels did not pay me for this free advertisement, but maybe they should? I just LOVE KNOEBELS!
On Sunday, I did what I do pretty much every Sunday... housework, errands, and dance rehearsal. Oh, and our lawn is now mowed. You're welcome, neighbors.
We now have chicken after about 5 days without it.
My muscles have been getting concerned.
Speaking of muscles, I read an AWESOME article on Sunday morning... 4 Reasons the Word Toned Needs to Die.
My Sunday run was... hill repeats. Ugh! I haven't done them forever and they are horrible!
The vomit inducing hill.
I shall leave you with an inspirational picture... (You know I can't end a Weekend Wrap Up without something cat related!)
Have you ever been to Knoebels?
Anyone race this weekend?
What do you think of the word "toned"?