A long time ago, back before anyone ever ready my blog, I used to do a series called “8 Things I'm Loving Right Now”, and it was just a list of all the things I currently loved. I am rescuing this blog series from the deep dark history of Meg Go Run and hope to keep up with it again! I don't know why the magic number is 8... It just is. Go with it!
1. Survivor Borneo This is the first season of Survivor, which aired in 2000. I recently borrowed it from the library and re-watched it for the first time since my senior year in high school. It is extremely different from the more current seasons. This was back before anyone knew how to play the game! Well, one person knew how. But most survivors thought it was ethically wrong to lie and form alliances. What!? That's what Survivor is all about! It was a hoot to watch again. If you are a Survivor fan and never saw this season, or haven't seen it since it aired, I highly recommend viewing it!
2. Feliway. This stuff works. Chrissy's peeing has been cut down drastically thanks to this stuff! It's like a plug in but instead of releasing yummy smells, it releases cat pheromones that are calming to the felines. Sure it is expensive, but think of all the money we'll save on candles and paper towels!
3. The library! I really only use the library 3 months out of the year. (I know, it is very sad.) Camp Hill has an awesome library and I have been catching up on some true crime books and memoirs I have missed out on over the past 9 months.
4. Not having ice cream in the fridge. We gave up ice cream until Hawaii. Obviously, Hawaii is not happening anymore but we still haven't bought ice cream to keep in the fridge... which is a huge change for us. I'm the girl that likes to have 5 different flavors in there at a time! But it turns out that if it's not there, I don't feel the urge to eat it. Now, this is not to say we won't ever keep it in the house again, it's just that for now, it is working. (We did go to DQ for Blizzards last week and boy did they taste good!)
5. My garden. It is growing so nicely! So far I have had a few peppers and lots of parsley, cilantro, and basil. There are a TON of tomatoes but they're not ready yet.
6. This book, by Dan Savage:
7. Literal Book Covers at E! Online.
Tell me something you're loving right now!
The library rocks! And I wish I had a garden....I wish I knew how to garden!ReplyDelete
I don't know how, my parents helped me make it and they answer all my questions! I still feel like an imposter.Delete
I love libraries too! I also have given up ice cream ( along with french fries).ReplyDelete
Great! Is there a reason?Delete
I was just at the library yesterday. Back in the day I had a friend who worked on the crew for the first survivor. She said it was terrible conditions for the crew because there was no budget on that first show. She said they were practically living in the same type accommodations as the cast! We used to have survivor parties to watch that first season. I think I only ever watched the first two season.ReplyDelete
That is so cool your friend was a crew member and I totally believe they had crappy conditions since the show wasn't a hit yet. It's like they were on survivor without being on survivor!Delete
What a fun list! I love these "loving right now" or "currently" lists - they are so much fun!! Hope all is well and you are staying positive! I haven't commented in forever but I did read your post about your husband and Hawaii. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks Heather :)Delete
I am loving 70-80 degree weather, thunderstorms, and cool nights for sleeping. The past 2 summers, we had massive forest fires around us. Forest fires create their own weather. It gets dry, hotter, smokey, stifling, and awful. Colorado summers really are gorgeous (no humidity!) when the state isn't burning down!ReplyDelete
I am jealous of your garden. I want a bigger yard to have a garden in!
I am in Colorado, too, and keep saying what a fabulous summer we have been having so far. Loving our thunderstorms!Delete
It was def hot today but no humidity, I think that is what made it tolerable! Now it's all cool....Delete
Ooh I think I've been inspired to do a post like this! I love that poem by the way. That Sweet Valley high cover of the book brought back some memories for me LOL!ReplyDelete
Go to the website it is sooooo freaking funny!Delete
I'm loving a relaxing Sunday!!!ReplyDelete
I'm so sorry about your Hawaii trip - I read the post and hope that the surgery goes well (or if he already had it I hope is recovering OK).
Thanks Kim! It's happening in a couple weeks. Hawaii next summer, hopefully :)Delete
Sweet Valley High. Wow, thanks for that blast from the past -- LOL.ReplyDelete
I am loving summer. Everything about it. I savor each long, sunny day with fresh veggies from my garden (soon), fresh fruits from the farmer's market and so many fun things to do (baseball games, outdoor concerts, BBQs with friends, trips to the mountains). I don't want it to end.
I am really sorry you had to cancel Hawaii. It will be better than ever when you and Paul get there, Meg!
Thanks Susan! I sure hope so, and hopefully Paul will be healthier and we will be able to do more than originally planned.Delete
Your garden looks ah-mazing!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing that poem, I really like it too!
Right now I am loving hot tea ... I have a cup each night before bed and it's so soothing!
Drinking a cup of tea before bed sounds like what the main characters in Mary Higgins Clark books do. :) Do you wrap your hair up in a chignon as well???Delete
Great post concept. Excellent job on the ice cream, tough to give that stuff up. Wow the garden is looking amazing.ReplyDelete
It's oddly not that hard. Giving up salt is way harder for me and I have been cheating...Delete
so i love that we have a shared love of survivor. i recently started watching past seasons and decided to skip back to where it all began. it's so interesting to see the progression of the show, both in the contestants and in the production! LOVE IT.ReplyDelete
Now that I have a house, I'm planning a garden, too! I can't wait!!!ReplyDelete