A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hey all! I hope you are enjoying a long weekend. Here is my training log for the past week.

Saturday- Race pace run you can read about here! 13.1 miles!

Sunday- Chest at home. Hey look, I actually documented a lifting workout and made it into an image... like I used to do!



Jelly likes to lay on my laptop while I workout and activate toggle keys.

Monday- 5 very easy going neighborhood miles. I was feeling pokey and boy did it show in my splits. It was freezing. This was the first really cold run we have had. I had on two pairs of gloves and my fingers were still frozen. Splits: 8:24, 8:35, 8:26, 8:31, 8:30




Tuesday- 5 more neighborhood miles. I was feeling much better than the day before and my splits showed it! It was cold but I wore shorts because I was too lazy to go down in the basement and dig out my warm pair of running tights. Splits: 7:49, 7:54, 8:04, 7:54, 7:25


Wednesday- 3 easy miles and then back at home.



15lb of Jelly (pure fluff) and 25lb of dumbbell (pure metal).


Christmas says: You'll do band assisted pull ups over my furry body!

Thursday- Thanksgiving speed work. Don't even ask about my intervals. Those decisions were made by lengths of neighborhood loop dee doops and straightaways!


 

Friday- I did an easy 5 miler around my neighborhood. My splits were almost exactly even. Weird!

What were you up to this week?

17 comments:

  1. Great job getting workouts in...My week was just about logging in some miles and getting my legs back after a 2 week rest.
    Your computer is like a mini massage/heated chair for Christmas...Why wouldn't he want to sleep there?? I am convinced my dogs hop up in the recliners and hog the remote when we are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he obsessed with the computer but he also enjoys looking at the screen. He gets this crazy, obsessed look in his eye. We even let him watch Youtube videos- Winter BIrds and Winter Birds II.

      Delete
  2. Did some running, some yoga, and some eating. I finally get to go back to CrossFit this week! I'm so ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great week! I am sure we will be hearing about some awesome crossfit workouts from you soon!

      Delete
  3. I love our furry workout partners! Macy is sure to help when I do yoga or stretch. This week ended up w/ 5 runs and 2 swims (followed by weights). Tomorrow is "rest yo ass" day for me. Colorado is getting pounded w/ snow--did a snowy run on T Day but decided to move it indoors today--quite icy outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard you guys have gotten quite a lot of snow! Is it bitter cold?

      Delete
    2. Yes...right now it's 18 degrees! I don't mind the cold (thankful it doesn't hurt my lungs) but way too icy.

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh!!! That is freezing. We are having a warm weekend. 65 yesterday, and it looks like mid 50s today but drizzling. I don't really feel like running but I am going to. I will either do 5 today and 10 tomorrow, or 10 today and rest tomorrow.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, right?! I did 1/2 mile run + 1/2 mile row x 4.5 (ran 2.5, rowed 2.0). It is how I handle boredom on the indoor track!! Running inside bites!

      Delete
    5. What did you end up doing today?

      Delete
    6. Yah I do not enjoy running inside, but you have it down with the running and rowing intervals! I did 7. I was not feeling great. I was slow and had flutters from drinking too much coffee! I have off Monday and Paul's mom is taking him to radiation so I will be FREE to venture far from the house. I think I am going to hit up a rail trail and do 5 out and back.

      Delete
    7. Oh, that sounds wonderful. A change of scenery will be so nice!! Let me know how it goes and enjoy another day off--that is awesome. You deserve it, my friend.

      And, yes, the run/row combo was challenging but really broke it up and helped w/ boredom. Everything was pretty much 5 minute segments and anything is possible for 5 minutes, right?!?

      Delete
  4. Your cats are so cute! My kitten is being a handful with all of the Christmas decoration and she has been climbing into the tree. Bad kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have to SEVERELY alter our decorating due to Christmas the cat. As in, we can't get a tree!!!!!!!!!! :(

      Delete
  5. LOL I love your cat captions! "over my fluffy body!"

    You are so strong and fast Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Heather. :) It really takes me awhile to recover from speed and pace runs though! That is alright.

      Delete
  6. Rain is so depressing!

    Half is Dec 13th. I get to meet Ali and Kristina!

    ReplyDelete