A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, November 13, 2015

A change of plans...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This is going to be a quick/random post because it has been a very strange week and I have a change of plans that I wanted to tell you about. 

I was planning to do the HYP 5 Miler this Saturday, but instead I will be attending a visitation/memorial for my Uncle Jack, who passed away on Tuesday. I will tell you more about my Uncle Jack in an upcoming blog post. Boy does it sound so trivial to memorialize someone who passed in a blog post, but I really do want to tell you about him because he was such a kind, generous, and interesting guy who always livened up the family gatherings. 

I am not sad about missing the race at all. I don't like racing to begin with, there will be MORE races (I am committed to doing them more often!), and I am glad to be able to spend Saturday morning with family reminiscing about Uncle Jack. The holidays are going to be so strange without him this year.

Obviously the death of a family member is one of the main reasons this week seems so weird, but there are other reasons. The students at school have been acting strange. I have not been able to sleep and instead stay up half the night watching Youtube and playing Minesweeper. I took Paul to two radiation appointments which always makes me feel like I am in the twilight zone. My bank changed from Susquehanna to BBT and that is REALLLY effing me up! (Who would think that your bank changing could screw up your world so bad!?)

It's just strange all around.

I hope next week is back to normal!
How was your week? Anything strange going on?

28 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Megs! Keeping you and your wonderful family in my thoughts. You're right, being together and remembering happy times with Jack with be a comfort. Also thinking of both you and Paul, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear about your Uncle Jack. I know losing someone and then writing about them in a blog post is a strange experience. I've had to do that twice so far - with my stepfather and my grandfather. Both times I've found actually hitting publish on the post to be really therapeutic, I hope you find the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan, sorry life is piling on so much right now. It's hard to lose loved ones we are close to. I can never wrap my mind around the fact that they are truly gone. Talking and remembering w/ family and friends is always very healing. Hoping Paul will get a break from radiation next week and you can both just relax and recharge. Sending lots of love from Colorado! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your Uncle Jack... Your life is definitely in a whirlwind with Paul right now... probably why things seem so strange... Take a moment to just sit and breathe... Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry I am trying to keep doing the stuff that makes me feel normal... running, blogging, complaining. ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww I'm sorry for your loss Meg :( Thinking of you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear that Meg! sending hugs from Lola and I. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your loss, thinking of you this weekend. I don't sleep either when I am stressed--it's awful. Make sure you take some time to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I think I figured out one reason I didn't sleep was because instead of reading (I was out of good books) I watched videos on youtube and the SCREEN kept me up. They say it can do that to you. So I finally got some books so I should be good.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your uncle :( Sounds like you've got a lot going on. I didn't get a chance to comment the other day you spoke about Paul. I hope his treatments are going well! Let's hope some normalcy returns to your life soon. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I am looking forward to a normal week. And Thanksgiving vacation is just around the corner!

      Delete
  9. <3 Lots of love, Meg. I'll be thinking of you today, sisterfriend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss...and today is Friday the 13th and there was a full moon earlier this week so maybe that has something to do with the weird week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be why the kids were bat shit crazy this week!

      Delete
  11. So sorry about your Uncle. Cherish the time with your family on Saturday and hug them tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see family and it sure made things better seeing them. It didn't feel the same without Uncle Jack being actually "there". Holidays are going to be weird this year.

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs your way...

    ReplyDelete