A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 30, 2015

Our Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is what we were up to...

I woke up to Christmas laying on top of me... purring... his cheek on my cheek. I definitely thought about how extremely thankful I was to have him and his unconditional love!

Then I geared up for some speed work. I definitely didn't feel like doing it, but once i was out there in the warm sun and crisp fall air, I felt alive! Oh, and it didn't suck too bad, which probably means I didn't push myself hard enough!


I was in front of the television stretching just in time to see the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the arrival of Santa!

Then it was time to shower and get ready to go to Paul's parent's house. We stayed all day and had a blast!


Swiper is a very sweet little kitty! I gave him a lot of attention.


Paul chilling and watching football.


Paul's parents- wonderful people and GREAT cooks!


All this for six people. Typical Thanksgiving!


My favorite bite includes: turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, and some cran sauce.
I only took a little mac and cheese because it was gluten free and I have a gluten free intolerance.




I was the only person who wore stretchy pants! I know how to do Thanksgiving
I love this meme. But seriously, I didn't stuff myself, yet enjoyed every bite!


We played games, then things got crazy and Bob got out his banjo!

We got home around 9pm and settled down with leftovers to watch the double episode of Survivor from the night before. Oh my word, they were the two best episodes of the season!

And that was our Thanksgiving! It was a lot more low key due to skipping my family's festivities. I really missed them.
How was your Thanksgiving? Or are you sick of talking about Thanksgiving!?

17 comments:

  1. Looks perfect! Love that you wore stretchy pants, very smart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either that or PJs. We normally wear our PJs to my parent's house on Christmas Day. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a great time. I missed having cranberry sauce this year. I'm the only one who ever eats it so I think the cook just gave up on putting it out this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Do you like it from a can? You will have to bring your own can next year. I like my Auntie Eileen's homemade cran sauce the best, but I will eat it from the can too if I have to.

      Delete
  3. I never realized mac and cheese on Thanksgiving was a staple until this year. My family and Adam's family doesn't do mac and cheese but I was scrolling through Twitter and saw everyone else had some - I was instantly jealous. Next year we're having mac and cheese! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it isn't a staple for my family but it is for Paul's! I think it is because his dad makes THE BEST mac and cheese ever. But he doesn't make it much anymore because his mom eats GF now, and the GF version just does not taste as good as the normal version!

      Delete
  4. How fun! Did you sing along w/ the banjo?!? I would have been singing the loudest because even though I am tone deaf, I do not care! I am loud and proud!

    We had a nice T Day. Morning (snowy) run and then we started cooking our feast and we decorated the house and put up the tree while watching the parade. Then time to dig and and watch football for the rest of the day.

    I think today will be the last of all the leftovers. I had my fill of turkey by Saturday but Rick is still plugging away at that damn bird. LOL. He's getting there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Rick! You can do it!

      We did not sing. He got it out because we were playing a game that mentioned the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. So of course he had to whip the banjo out and play it for us!

      Delete
  5. We went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, but my parents came too. Win win. However, I usually host, so we missed leftovers. So Saturday we cooked a turkey here and had the works for leftovers...now I am done with turkey! One of my kids is getting braces Wednesday, so she will be sore later in the week, so we are eating tacos and enchiladas today and tomorrow--then soft foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm the Mexican food will be delish!

      I am going to urge Paul to make us a turkey because we really only had enough leftovers for one meal.

      Delete
  6. Omg that meme is HILARIOUS! And I loved your comment about gluten free intolerance. I totally relate. I have been obsessed with these peanut butter bars at my favourite cafe for years and then they made them gluten free with quinoa and now they taste like tree bark. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yuck that stinks!! It's too bad they didn't continue making them the normal way but then add some that are GF.

      Delete
  7. Aw, Swiper is so cute!!

    I wear stretchy pants for Thanksgiving too. My sister and I were laughing because we both packed for the weekend with "which pants are most comfortable?" in mind. She used to make a show of unbuttoning her jeans after dinner in the years before leggings were in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad leggings are in! I am bringing leggings to FL because they won't take up much room in my suitcase!

      Delete
  8. Stretchy pants are the way to go. ;) Your photos made me crave a turkey dinner. I guess I will have to wait until Christmas now!!!

    Nice job on the speedwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish we would have turkey more than just the holidays. :) And why not!? It's good for ya!

      Delete
  9. I'd rather talk about thanksgiving than Christmas (not your cat of course). :) I didn't stuff myself too much, mainly because I went to an orphan thanksgiving and although the food was good, it wasn't my favorite stuff, so I'll go back to getting my whole foods meal at christmas. Sounds like your day was really nice!

    ReplyDelete