A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This is quite a short recap as I only ran 25 miles this week and lifted just one day.
I blame it on the two races I signed up for. Races require lots of RESTING for me. Even though I ended up not being able to run the race I planned to today, most of my week's workouts were devoted to preparing for it since I didn't really realize I wouldn't be able to do it until Wednesday night.

Next week is going to be devoted to ramping up my mileage a bit!


Oh, can I mention I ate like CRAP this week???????? Like, 70% of what I put into my mouth was not good for me. But I am back on track. Man, it is hard to make good choices when you are stressed!


Okay, here is my workout week:



Saturday- Rest

Sunday- Dover 10 miler. Race report here.

Monday- Rest (wooooo!)

Tuesday- Easy 5 miles. Quads were still sore from the race.

Wednesday- Another easy 5 miles. My legs definitely felt better than the day before but were still a little sore.

Thursday- REST. We spent two days in Baltimore for Paul's appointments and it was nice to spend all of my time with him rather than figure out how to slip in a workout. Quads were just a TINY bit sore still but nothing to write home about.

Friday- 5 easy miles. I was so happy to just be RUNNING my "la la la" pace around my neighborhood. This week was stressful.
Tell me about your best workout this week because as you can see, nothing notable happened over here!

10 comments:

  1. I did not have ANY workouts this week. I made it through a complete week off! I am going to start to reverse taper this week. I eat terribly when I am stressed out too. With one exception, if it is cold out and I make a big pot of soup, I will eat that like crazy. I find soup comforting :). Hang in there. I was thinking about you when I was down in Boston for some more appts for my Dad. He starts treatment the week of Thanksgiving. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely deserve a week off after your marathon. I am glad you allowed yourself to do that!

      Mmmmm soup!!! We should really make a good pot. Then at least we can eat that and something junky on the side like chips or cheesey bread, but get the nutrients in the soup. :)

      I hope everything goes well with your dad! It's a sucky situation to see someone go through all of that. I am sure you will be a great support for him.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry this week was so stressful for you. Never fun. And you are right, it's so hard to eat healthy when stressed. My mom had a 30 day stretch in the hospital once and I ate terrible. It's the last thing you even want to think about so I just tell myself "whatever it takes". I hope today with your family is comforting while you remember your Uncle Jack. My week was just normal w/ my workouts. I got in 2 outdoor rides (this won't last much longer w/ snow coming), 3 runs, a swim where I had the pool to myself and a rest day. Even though I love my runs the best I think the solo swim was the best workout. I could handle having the pool to myself every time I went :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it takes, for sure. Sometimes, eating healthy is the least of our worries!

      I bet it was nice having the pool to yourself! One of my personal annoyances about swimming is feeling like people are up in my shit.

      Delete
    2. For sure--sharing a lane is the worst. It's not fun being that close to someone you don't even know wearing that little of clothing...

      Delete
  3. I was at a conference all day yesterday and ate all the crap they served. Ugh. Heading out to run it off as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Hope the food was at least GOOD and that you enjoyed working it off. :)

      Delete
  4. I do feel better- FINALLY! It took an entire week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had wicked similar weeks! I ate total crap and didn't get to do much of any working out. Races also leave me needing quite a few days to feel like myself again. I'm sleepy and exhausted for days post race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay well then it sounds like I am in good company! I am just starting to feel like myself after a great run yesterday.

      Delete