A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, November 27, 2015

Runfessions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Marcia @ Marcia's Healthy Slice hosts a Runfessions link up on the last Friday of every month. Be sure to check out Marcia's blog and some of the other wonderful blogs that do the Runfessions link up!

**Note: I have no idea why some of this is highlighted and some isn't... Blogfession #1 I don't know a whole lot about the technicalities of html!**

Runfession #1: On Tuesday, it was about 35 degrees for my morning run. I was too lazy to go down to the basement and get my running tights, so I ran in shorts. For some reason, going down to the basement seemed like more of an effort than running 5 miles with cold legs. That's runner logic for ya!

Runfession #2: During that cold run, I noticed I still have a running shorts tan from last summer! I tried to take a picture but the coloration is not accurately reflected in the photo.

Runfession #3: In preparation for my half marathon in Florida (which is in a few weeks!) I had vowed to do some treadmill runs at Planet Fitness to get used to running in high temperatures. Guess how many treadmill runs I have done? Zero. If I bonk due to the temperatures, I have no one to blame but myself. You heard it here first.

Runfession #4: In normal runner "second-guess-yourself-right-before-a-race" fashion, I have started to fear I didn't do enough long runs to train for this half. Looking over my training log, I did three 10 milers, one 12 miler, one 13.1 miler, and several 8 milers. Tomorrow I plan to do 10 miles since the race will be two weeks away and I don't want to do anything crazy. I just have to trust that my endurance is there! Obviously, now isn't the time to squeeze in long runs. If I was going to do longer runs, I should have done them by now.

Runfession #5: I haven't been to Planet Fitness since July 3rd. Ever since I bought my big girl weights, I have been more motivated to lift at home. But after rereading Runfession #3. I think a trip to the gym is in order...

That was the most money I ever spent on hunks of metal.
Tell me one of your Runfessions... or Blogfessions!

26 comments:

  1. Runfession...I don't feel like running today. I feel like a "lazy" pj day...If I had the weights and stuff at home I wouldn't go to the gym either...Maybe just overdress for some of your outdoor runs coming up...I think you did a lot of long runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your lazy day! I am definitely feeling lazy too, but the weather is nice and I have a good podcast so I am going to go do 5 slow miles. I keep feeling like I should do a long run but I have to remind myself it is only Friday, not Saturday!

      Delete
  2. I have no doubt you are gonna crush it -- you just got a PR so I know you are ready!
    My runfession is that I haven't been excited about my runs lately. I am still doing about 4 runs per week but I am way more excited about my swimming and weights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you look forward to the swimming and weights because obviously that is soooo good for you. I am sure you will become excited about running again eventually! I get into funks like that too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are so right! Not mad about loving swimming & weights. I guess it is runnings turn to be the sport I don't totally look forward to! That is how I got w/ swimming this summer (mainly because it forces me inside) so things are coming full circle!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, don't worry about the heat down here, winter has arrived. Today it's only 80 degrees in Cape Coral!

    That's so funny that you still have a shorts tan! I tan super, super quickly but it disappears just as fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol only 80!!!?? Hahahha.

      It was quite warm here today on my run, I ran in short sleeves but could have done a tank! 65 degrees it says!

      Delete
  4. I totally get why you haven't been to the gym! Since I've had a home setup, I only go to swim. And until last week, I hadn't been to my gym since the summer. I totes think you'll be plenty ready for your half. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't missed my gym at all since giving up my membership in June! Not sure what Im gonna do when the weather gets bad though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I will go and use the treadmill as a last resort. Planet Fitness is only $10 a month, so it is worth it to keep it in my back pocket!

      Delete
  6. I have these crazy Fitbit and Garmin tan lines on my arm. I ran in shorts today because it was 70 degrees (yikes). I think you've run enough long runs! NO worries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, such a cute pic of you with your weights! And honestly, your endurance and training sounds perfect for the half. It's almost better to do it that way then to hammer your body into the ground with zillions of miles. You're gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well everyone keeps saying that so I guess I have to trust them. :)

      Delete
  8. I have to say that Blogger plays weird tricks on me...I think sometimes I've got it going on, and then the blog looks weird...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are totally ready for the half in Florida! Don't sweat it. Literally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yah hopefully low humidity and if it starts early maybe I will be done before it gets too warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last year the temps were in the low 60s for my 20-miler and this year they were in the low 70s. It's definitely gonna be a warm winter. But sometimes we get a freak cold front so fingers crossed!

    My runfession: I haven't run since my 20 on Wednesday but I keep eating pie for breakfast...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM! I have one more piece of pie left but it's not going to last long. :)

      Delete
  12. Megan, you are going to totally kick butt at the FL half! I just know it. I am thinking that your shopping cart filled with metal was quite heavy...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done three 10-mile runs, a 12-miler, a half and I think several 8-milers? Without knowing you (this is my first time visiting your {hilarious} blog), I'd say you are more than ready. ;-) This is my first time doing the Runfessions link-up, and I will definitely be back....it's like a Runner's Anonymous fess-up session ((group hug)) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! :) I have to go back to Marcia's blog and explore the rest of the link up blogs. There was only a few when I went on yesterday.

      Delete