A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Happy Weekend! I hope you had some great workouts this week! My week was a little strange since I decided to run a race on Sunday! (That's tomorrow!) So there was lots of resting for me this week.

Saturday- I was supposed to do a long run, but I was just not feeling it! I even got all dressed and ready to go. Then I changed my mind. I was freezing, tired, and not looking forward to it at all. I took the day as a complete rest day and planned to do my long run on Sunday when I would be more likely to enjoy it.


All dressed up with nowhere to go!

Sunday- After sleeping for 11 hours, I was totally recharged and tackled my long run! I did 10 miles and was disappointed with my pace... even though there was no particular pace I was trying to hit. My own fault. I was getting all caught up in my thoughts.

Monday- 5 lazy morning miles.

Tuesday- Lifting upper body at home, then 3 miles so I could VOTE!


Chest Press- 4x10x25lb
Bicycles- 4x40
Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 4x15
Push Ups- 4x10
Row- 4x10x25lb
Asst. Neutral Girl Pull Ups- 4x6
Shoulder Press- 4x10x20lb

Wednesday- 5 neighborhood miles. Last run before my RACE on Sunday!

Thursday- Lifting upper body at home... lower body REST.


Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Bicycles- 4x40
Push Ups- 4x10
Stability Ball Pass- 4x8
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Chest Press (neutral grip)- 5x15x15lb

Friday- Lifting upper body at home... lower body REST.


Band Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 4x6
Bicycles- 4x40
Row- 4x10x25lb
Band Asst. Neutral Girl Pull Ups- 4x6
Planks- 4x45 seconds

And here is my upcoming plan... Saturday = REST, Sunday = RACE! I like to rest for 3 days before a race. 3 rest days is my lucky number! I learned that from my friend Jennifer. She says if you have the balls to rest for 3 days, do it!
Do you have the balls to take 3 days off before a race?

8 comments:

  1. If I did race, I would have the balls to rest for 3 days. You are going to kick ass! Let me know how it goes, k? I'm excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes on long runs when I don't have a goal pace in mind, I feel disappointed too! I think that must be normal. But it sounds like you needed an easy day, so I hope you're not being too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten over it and admonished myself for caring about the pace when that was NOT the goal.

      Delete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken two days off before a race before but I can't remember ever taking three. I always do best when I'm well rested before a race....that should be followed with an "obviously." Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs definitely felt fresh after 3 days but I was SUCKING wind. Not sure more rest would have helped that. But less hills would have. :)

      Delete