A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Instead of a "normal" Weekend Wrap Up, I shall do this wrap up in list format. I am looking forward to a healthy week. I have a lot of work commitments so whatever illness has been plaguing me for the past 7 days needs to back the eff off so I can live my life.


1. Friday was an impromptu rest day. Best decision I could have made!


2. Instead of going out and doing something crazy on Friday night, Paul and I stayed in and ordered pizza and watched Seinfeld. I ate 3 pieces- that's half a medium pizza! And I also drank about 2/3 of the Diet Pepsi shown below. I know, I don't drink fake sugar anymore. But that night, I did and it was good! I thoroughly enjoyed every single chemical I consumed.





3. Saturday morning, I managed to run 10 miles! My head started to hurt toward the end (sick) but my body felt like it has recovered from Boston and my undercarriage feels like it has recovered from the apparently epic kettle bell swings I did on Wednesday.

4. Saturday afternoon, we celebrated the life of my husband's grandfather- "Bubba" who passed away in March. Bubba was 95 years old. Even up until the end, he smoked cigars, ate chocolate donuts every morning, and had a martini in the every evening. My kind of guy!

Paul and his awesome family!


5. On Saturday evening we watched The Wolf of Wall Street. INCREDIBLE MOVIE! I love Leonardo DiCaprio! It was pretty long but I only got bored once or twice. The rest of the movie was pretty funny/amusing.

6. We had a photo session with Chrissy...

Can you even see him with his big white belly!?


 7. I had a pretty epic run on Sunday... which I will tell you all about in tomorrow's post. But let's just say I BROKE SOME BARRIERS ON THIS ONE!!!!
I hope you had a great weekend!
See any good movies lately?
What's the most pizza you ate in one sitting?

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really good weekend. Sometimes we just need a little soda in our lives! haha

    I still need to see the Wolf of Wall Street. I like Leo, too, but I'd heard such mixed reviews of this one that I just haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. I watched a different Leo movie this weekend...No matter how many times I see it, "Inception" is still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is LONG- 3 hours. If you watch the first half hour and hate it, you will prob hate the whole thing but if you watch and like it, you will prob like the whole movie. It is just really long. :) But Leo keeps my attention!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your runs have been going well. Is there another race in your future that you are training for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not right now. Right now I am just focusing on more healing for my knee and getting my fitness/speed back up to where they were in January. It is a careful balancing act!

      Delete
  3. Pizza sounds so good right now even though it's 9 AM. I could destroy a pizza right now, but I think I'll go for waffles instead haha. I couldn't finish Wolf of Wall Street. I got 2 hours in and turned it off. I did laugh at some parts, but it did not keep my attention. I can't wait to hear about your awesome run on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a looooooong movie. I don't blame you- I turn off movies if I hate them too!

      Delete
  4. After a 12 mile run I once ate an entire thin crust frozen pizza by myself.... well minus one small slice if begrudgingly gave Adam.

    I've been meaning to watch Wolf of Wallstreet ... need to add it to my plans for this upcoming weekend! I've loved Leo since Romeo & Juliet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend except the sick part. Good call on the rest day, sometimes that is the best remedy. I'm happy to say I've killed a medium pizza ask by myself and it was fantastic lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely want to watch Wolf of Wallstreet, thanks for the reminder :) Can't wait to read about the Sunday run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh leo! actually i was thinking about leo a lot yesterday but that was because we went to see the new spiderman movie and the new bad guy reminds me of a young leo...but i digress :)

    sounds like a great weekend! mmm, pizza :) and you still got out and ran the next day, so no harm done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my body was craving carbs so I had to give it what it wanted :)

      Delete
  8. I've eaten a half pizza before in one sitting. I actually did that on Saturday! It sounds like you're doing better than me. I tried to run today and couldn't even make it to 1.5 miles before my asthma really started bothering me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is NOT good. Are you injury free right now other than your asthma?

      Delete
  9. I have to watch long movies like that in two chunks because I have a terrible attention span, not to mention I don't have that much time to sit around! haha

    I don't think I've ever had pizza and not eaten the entire thing. I think only having three pieces would earn me some kind of willpower award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very surprised I was able to sit through the whole thing. Most of the time when I watch TV I am doing something else at the same time. It is rare for me to just sit and focus!

      Ps. You are my pizza eating hero!

      Delete
  10. PIZZAAAAA. I will always love pizza. I liked the Wolf of Walstreet too and I thought Leo did an awesomeeeee job, but I have to agree that I did get bored once a twice haha probably could have been a tad bit shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pizza is not that bad if you time it right! I knew I had some killer runs coming up so I would put those carbs to good use.

    ReplyDelete