A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, October 22, 2017

It's finally fall, y'all!

On Tuesday morning I went for a run, and it finally felt like fall for a couple reasons...

1. The fall constellations are out! As soon as I step out of my driveway, I look up and say hello to Orion. When I turn the corner, there is the Big Dipper! These are the only two constellations I can find on my own.

2. It's COLD! It was 39 degrees on Tuesday morning! I was in shorts, but up top I wore a short sleeve, long sleeve, my Boston jacket, two pairs of Dollar Tree gloves, and an ugly orange hat I stole from Paul.



3. It's dark for my whole run. I leave my house at 6am and get back before 7am. It's pretty dark the whole time, which does make me a little uneasy. I don't listen to murder podcasts much in the dark anymore. I wanted to listen to one on Steven Avery on Tuesday morning but I was chicken. I'll save my murder podcasts for relaxing lunchtime listening.

4. My neighborhood is decorated for Halloween. I don't know if it's a Central PA thing, a Shiremanstown thing, or if decorating for Halloween is just becoming more of a thing everywhere. But my neighbors really do it up for Halloween with lights and outdoor decorations. It looks good! But it really gives me a hankering to get out my Christmas lights... Don't worry, I'll wait at least another 3 weeks. If I said I won't do it before Thanksgiving, I'd be lying.
What constellations are you able to find?
Is it cold yet in your neck of the woods?
Are you ever scared to run in the dark?

6 comments:

  1. I just got some blinking lights for my after dark runs. Of course, mine are evening runs so it will be dark soon with the time changing. It's not cold at all here but this is Charleston, so it never gets very cold. I only have to run in pants a few days out of the year, in fact.

    Our neighborhood is super decorated right now. We have a lot of kids here so a lot of homes decorate and go crazy for Halloween. We won't be home that night but it's been fun in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very festive to have all the decorations. I personally like it. Just lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. I did not realize that Constellations were a Fall thing. I am always able to pick out the Big Dipper but not any of the other ones. Isn't it crazy how its been actually cold in the mornings but nearing 80 degrees in the afternoons?
    Some of our neighbors decorate for fall but not really scary stuff for Halloween. When we decorated for fall, Scott actually said "Hey, lets go drive around other neighborhoods and look at fall/halloween decorations". I had to tell him that I do not believe people actually do that...haha
    I;m getting a hankering to get my Christmas stuff out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if constellations are a fall thing, but it seems like I only notice Orion in the fall. That is cute that Scott wants to go look at fall decorations haha. Maybe he didn't actually want to, but thought it sounded like something you would want to do, so suggested it?

      Delete
  3. This current weather is exactly what winter is like in Mexico. Cool nights and mornings, but warm days. It's like this all winter.. we are spoiled.

    I was scared of running in the dark last year, but I am easing myself into it this year.

    ReplyDelete