A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, January 21, 2017

MGR's Weekly Workouts


Happy Saturday!

I ran 34 miles this week. I only lifted once! I have been sick for awhile, and for some reason I am more comfortable running while sick rather than lifting. Lifting just takes so much energy while running I can take it easy, slow down, and zone out if I need to.

Here are my workouts for the week!


Saturday- 6 miles. I was sick and felt completely terrible. I don't know why I ran and almost quit before I was even a mile into it.

Sunday- Rest. Still sick. What a waste of a beautiful day!

Monday- 8 miles. I was still feeling sick but I ate some really crappy food the day before and I was feeling guilty. By crappy food, I mean two pancakes with syrup, half a fried buffalo chicken sub, and macaroni and cheese FROM A BOX. I dipped tortilla chips in the mac and cheese and scooped it up. Divine. Luckily, all the salt and carbs had my legs and endurance feeling good.

Tuesday- 8 more miles. I was still feeling really lethargic, but for the most part, I enjoyed this run. I started to get a little tired after 6 miles.


Wednesday- 6 miles. I was very tired. Come on, I just want to feel normal! I really should have lifted today, as I hadn't lifted in like a week! What the heck?

Thursday- Lifting @ home. I was long overdue! I did back and chest. A little bit of everything... I felt weak. I lifted the same amount of weight as normal, I just didn't feel strong.

Friday- 6 morning miles. This was my speediest run of the week.
How were your workouts this week?
Does chips dipped in mac and cheese sound yummy to you?

9 comments:

  1. I think I would rather run than lift when I am sick too...strength training just takes so much energy! Usually running makes me feel better. If it doesn't, than I know I am really sick and probably shouldn't be running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah for feeling sick especially on a beautiful day! I got really sick last March on the day of a race... as in, woke up maybe 4 hours from start time puking and had to DNS! I almost never get sick and only got sick twice all last year but one happened to be that day (I would have won the race too...).

    Also, sometimes crappy food does a body good! One of my best tempo runs came after eating red velvet cake a few hours earlier, haha.

    Be safe at the March this weekend... log those miles too. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks you had the pukes and had to dns! :( Crappy timing for sure!

      Not sure how far we walked today but I am exhausted!!!!

      Delete
  3. I hope you are feeling much better and can really enjoy the March today! Way to get in some good workouts. I had 4 days of running/rowing, 3 days of swimming, 2 strength and 2 yoga sessions. The only thing missing is cycling. I just have a very hard time getting on my trainer so biking really takes a back seat in the winter. I don't think chips dipped in mac 'n cheese sounds gross at all. I can't eat it cuz of the cheese but mac ' n cheese is one of Rick's favorites! He would happily indulge in that with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cycling indoors would be so boring! I don't blame you for not wanting to do it. I am 100% better finally! Dang Rick and I have so much in common. Survivor, puzzles, Mac and cheese with chips dipped...

      Delete
    2. I know...you guys do. Must be why I like you both :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you are feeling better now! You always amaze me with your weekly mileage even when you are not training for anything. I got one good solid run outside this week and I felt that was a success! I feel like such a slacker compared to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just enjoy running. Most of the time I even like it more when I'm not training. Just do what you enjoy!

      Delete