Okay, this has basically turned into my own Friday Five thing-a-ma-bob! I hope you all have a fun weekend ahead!
Oh, thank you all for your tips in regards to my NYC travel. We decided to SPLURGE and take the train and stay overnight. The cool thing is we have a $125.00 "free" night from hotels.com. Our hotel was about $180, so with the credit, it was only $65. Train tickets will be about $88 each round trip, but that is okay. I figure with gas, tolls, and parking, that's at least like 80 bucks anyway.
Okay, did you really care about my NYC budget? I am not sure that you did!
Before we get on with the post today, I wanted to share a video I recorded with Chrissy the other day. We sing a duet called "Kissy Are You Hungy?" (Kissy = Chrissy, Hungy = Hungry)
And now, the real "Friday 5" part of my post!
1. Scabs. I just started my 12th year of teaching elementary school and I have finally realized that I spend 10% of my of my day teaching music and 90% of my day advising kids not to pick their scabs.
2. I am on snapchat! Add me!!! I am runningmeg82. Warning: I snap A LOT and I WILL SNAP YOU!
3. Wrong number. For the past two years or so, I have been getting group texts from people I don't know. It's the same group of people. What I have discerned so far from the texts is that someone lives in Rehoboth Beach, and they only ever involve me in these group texts when someone passes away. I have texted back and told them they have the wrong number, but the next time someone dies, there I am in the group text message again!
4. Who is Mr. Cooney? On Tuesday I saw a certain Kindergarten class for the first time. I was telling the children about my family, and that at my house I live with two cats and Mr. Cooney. (I go by Mrs. Cooney with the students at school, though I have never changed my name and in my "real" life I am still Megan Michael.) "Who do you think Mr. Cooney is?" I asked the class. I called on a little girl and she said, "It's a boy Cooney." I started laughing hysterically, and of course so did the class.
5. Looking for private piano lessons? I have openings for private piano students at my home in Camp Hill on Tuesday and Thursday evenings!
I'm not gonna lie. I had a really shitty week. With being sick and my car battery dying and certain... "challenges" at work... I am really looking forward to hopefully feeling 100% very, very soon and the ability to clear my brain and NOT think about work this weekend.
Why do kids pick their scabs?
Tell me something fun you are doing this weekend!