A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, February 28, 2019

You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Have you watched the Netflix show You yet? If not, STOP READING THIS POST AND GO WATCH IT! There are only ten episodes, and I think most people would enjoy it. I repeat, do not read this post if you think you may watch the series because I don't want to spoil anything for you!

I feel like I should have taken notes as I watched the show, but I didn't think I would write a blog post about it. So here are just some random thoughts about You that I wanted to share...

1. I hated the character Beck. Her voice was so affected, she made terrible choices, she was all easy breezy... Actually, maybe I am just jealous of how relaxed she always was!?

2. I didn't like Paco either. Am I a terrible person?

3. Does Beck ever take off all of those bracelets? Did you notice she had a million bracelets stacked up her forearm? I swear she never took them off! I guess it's her "thing".

4. Why did Beck masturbate in front of her STREET LEVEL WINDOW IN FULL VIEW??? I will never understand this. Seriously, she was just asking to get stalked...

5. I knew Peach liked Beck well before it was revealed to the audience. And I do feel like I need to brag about this because usually I am not that good at picking up subtle clues in movies and television shows.

6. Beck could have easily escaped after discovering the creepy box in Joe's bathroom. Girl, just tell him you have diarrhea and get the fuck out of there! You could have easily been in the hallway/public area well before he discovered all that glass on the floor. Beck, you are SO STUPID.

7. Beck also had two chances to REALLY kill Joe down in the basement of the bookstore but she chickened out. That's what got her killed. Ladies, do not injure the motherfucker who is stalking you. KILL HIM!!!! Stab him with the typewriter keys FIVE times. Hit him over the head with the hammer TEN times. 

8. Was Candace real at the end or was Joe imagining her!? Inquiring minds want to know...
Tell me your thoughts on You!

10 comments:

  1. I didn't feel any way about Paco until he left Beck inside the basement. It doesn't seem like Paco will be in season 2, so I'm not sure why there was the need to show that. I'm guessing it was just for shock factor, or maybe he does come back in the next season.

    YES I don't know why Beck didn't get the hell out of that apartment. I would have sprinted out the door giving whatever lame excuse first came to my head. I just would have gotten OUT. THE. DOOR. Where were her survival instincts?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking they were showing why Joe is messed up (the old bookstore owner did it to him) and then Joe is just messing Paco up. The cycle continues... Maybe Paco will grow up and lock a girl in the basement someday.

      I know, she deserved what she got.

      Delete
    2. I mean get out your phone and say one of your friends has an emergency!!!

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Oh yeah that's a good point about the cycle continuing. How sad!

      Literally say anything - he thought she was a bit of an airhead. She could have just said "sample sale just announced at bloomingdales gotta go" and he would have probably thought that was dumb but cute!

      Delete
  2. I am so behind on anything Netflix. Don't even ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - I read the book a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a sequel book called Hidden Bodies. I really thought that they did an excellent job with the TV series, the guy who played Joe was pretty spot-on to the book character in my mind. and Beck was well cast too - I don't know if we were supposed to like her, I liked seeing her fail. I did like the actress that played Peach - she was stunning and did a good job of being condescending. Kristen : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Peach was beautiful and awesome, I agree! I also think we were not supposed to like Beck. I think we were supposed to like Joe!

      Delete
  4. I was ADDICTED to this show!! I tried to drag it out and savor each episode but it was so hard not to watch multiple episodes at a time. I hope to god Candace was real so there’s a sequel!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched Bates Motel? I always recommend it to people who like You.

      Delete