A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, February 17, 2019

I am excited AND terrified because...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
... I bought a new car!


Well, not brand new. Certified preowned.


It's a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring. It's actually a 2016 and a half. Mazda released a second model in 2016 with some better features... like heated seats!

Having this car is like a whole new world for me. You have to understand that for the past 10 years, I had a tiny Chevy Cobalt. It had no technology. I mean, the windows rolled down. My 11 year old niece didn't even know how to use the windows!

I walked in the doors of Faulkner Mazda the minute they opened at 9:00 on Saturday morning. I had the stock number of the car I wanted to see. I had researched THE SHIT out of a bunch of cars, and I was hoping the car I picked was good in person as it seemed to be online.

Jon helped me out and took me for a test drive. I had test driven the same model car the day before, so I knew I would like it. As we drove around Harrisburg, he explained some of the features to me. The price was right. I was in love. I wanted the car.


My favorite aspect of the car is the fact that there is more room. I also like sitting up high. The navigation and smart features are really cool as well. So are the heated seats. This car doesn't even have a key. There is a button to start it. GUYS, I'M FINALLY IN THE 21ST CENTURY!!!

It is terrifying to me to have a car payment again. I haven't had a car payment in YEARS. It's also terrifying to buy something so expensive. Besides my house, this is the most expensive thing I have ever bought.

This is my I HAVE A CAR PAYMENT AGAIN face.

Even though it is scary and overwhelming, I am very excited. I feel like I finally have an adult car. I also feel like I deserve a nice car. Paul doesn't drive, so I'm always the one behind the wheel. I deserve to be comfortable. And since he's the passenger, he can become and expert at all the techno stuff and teach me how to use it! I mean there are screens and buttons and all this shit where it's like THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!

In real life, the red is much brighter.

Everyone at Faulkner Mazda in Harrisburg was very nice, and even though it is nerve wracking to make such a big financial commitment, they made the process super easy! I highly recommend the dealership!

Now here is the crazy thing... My best friend Maren ALSO BOUGHT THE EXACT SAME CAR TODAY!!!! We didn't even talk about buying new cars and she bought the same thing!!! What are the odds!!??

10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I'm a year into mine and I still constantly get excited by it. How cool is it that you don't need the key? Did they show you that there's a button on the door handle to open it? I used the FOB for a month or so before I realized I didn't need to touch the key EVER! It was my first car payment ever, so I can relate to that face, haha. But you deserve it! I had fun reading this post because it reminded me of my whole process and how in the end it worked out great even though some parts in the middle really sucked, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear you are still excited about your's! Not needing a key is so cool, and yes I know about the button to open the car. So freaking cool. Thanks for reading and I'm glad it was a fun read!

      Delete
  2. I commented on your FB where I saw the pics, but I love the car! I have a Mazda 3 Hatchback and bought it in early 2016 when the transmission died on my '01 Honda Accord. And yeah, I went from an old car to a FOB, the button on the door handle, etc. Buying was stressful but at least driving arond in a much newer car, I feel safer and more confident. I was also having to put hundreds of dollars into maintaining the Accord each year :(. Hope you really enjoy your Mazda as much as I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yes I feel safe and confident in my new car too! Wow, you got a lot of miles out of your Accord!

      Delete
  3. IT'S BEAUTIFUL congratulations!!!!! That's so crazy that your friend ended up getting the same exact car! Did she get it in red too?

    I hope you love this car for years to come. I know when I drive past a window and see the reflection of me in my 9-year-old CRV I still think "wow that's MY car!" That's why I'll do anything to never get rid of it haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love your car! I want to keep this loving feeling too!

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! I can totally relate. When I got my Sorento, it was like a freaking space rocket compared to my old CRV. So many cool features! You will love those bun warmers for sure. Enjoy! It’s really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice car! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete