A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Weekly Workouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

It was a mix of things this week since my achilles randomly ached at the end of my 8 miler on Sunday. Luckily, I think it is fine...

Saturday- 3 trail miles and 3 road miles. I parked at Trindle and was super excited to run trail. It was snowy and icy... It was runnable, but not FUNNABLE. I did three miles and finished up in my neighborhood. What a freaking pain to drive all the way out to the trail and not have any fun!


Sunday- 8 miles with Allison. I hadn't seen her in awhile and it was great to catch up with my friend! She agreed to run at South Middleton Park with me because I didn't want to do the icy trail. My right achilles hurt a little bit during the last mile and a half. No idea why...


Monday- Lifting and a deck of cards workout. My achilles hurt a little... I hope it calms down!

Tuesday- 3 treadmill miles and a circuit. My achilles felt great, but I stopped while I was ahead. My circuit was push ups, row, kettle bell swings, mountain climbers, bicycle crunches, and stability ball pull ins.

Wednesday- 4 miler and a 2 miler later on. My morning run was actually a little more slippy than the one I did in the afternoon. That's because there was enough snow in the afternoon so I could gain traction! I had off work because of the weather. I we got several inches of snow!

8am

1pm

Thursday- 6 treadmill miles. It looked a little icy outside so I headed to the gym. I got pretty sweaty! Unfortunately, I had an epic gym bag failure. I forgot to pack a bra, underwear, and socks for work! I was most upset about the socks. My achilles felt fine!



Friday-   6 treadmill miles. Feeling great! Glad I could end the week strong! The rest of the day was a struggle... I woke up at 2am and could not fall back asleep. Second time this week. Ugh.

How were your workouts this week?

4 comments:

  1. Look at all that pretty snow! I use to love running while it was snowing ( if it was safe to do so), or just being in the park after it snowed. It looks so peaceful, like a winter wonderland. I haven't got to do that at all this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw maybe it will snow one more time and you can do it?

      Delete
  2. Congrats on recovering from the wardrobe malfunction at the gym. The socks would have been the key component for me too ! I always laugh when I do laundry because I always have 2x (or more!) the amount of underware in the wash as my other family members. Working out really gets them sweaty!! Glad I have a ton of them.

    ReplyDelete