A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, February 18, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

It was an interesting weekend! 
Here's what I was up to...

My day started dark and early with 6 neighborhood miles. It was nearly 40 degrees, which feels quite toasty to me these days! Guys, I was FLYING and I wasn’t even trying! I know why… I barely got any sleep and I ate a huge meal at like midnight the night before. I know that sounds crazy, but when I do stuff like that, I usually have a great run the next day!



I will be honest, work was a struggle. I wasn’t tired, I just wasn’t there mentally. It didn’t even feel like a Friday thanks to all the delays and snow days we had this week. I sort of felt like I didn’t deserve a Friday!

I was very relieved when work was over, but I couldn’t go home! I took my mom’s sweet mini van over to a Mazda dealership to test out a Mazda CX-3. In case you missed the car drama… I need a new car.

Not gonna lie, I love sitting up high in a mini van!

The CX-3 was way too small...


So I tried the CR-5... which was perfect but too expensive. Sigh. How do people afford cars??? This was the "Grand Touring" model and had ALL the bells and whistles.


But I had an idea. When I got home, I went online and searched for other CX-5s that didn't have all the bells and whistles and had more miles on them. I found a red one that was actually in my price range! I planned to go out first thing the next morning and check it out.

Later that night, Paul and I played cards and watched Colbert.



Then I fell asleep on the couch. I never fall asleep on the couch! I look super comfortable, don't I?


I was the first customer in Faulkner Honda at 9:00 on Saturday morning. It was a long process, but it turns out the car I had found online the day before was AMAZING and I bought it! Everyone at Faulkner was so nice. Buying the car was scary (I'm still scared!) but everyone there made it an easy experience.

I got a 2016 Mazda CX5. It's certified preowned. It has so many bells and whistles that my 2008 Cobalt did not have. I could list them all for you, but you wouldn't think it was that exciting because they are probably features that are standard for cars these days!

 The red actually looks brighter in real life!



This is my OH MY GOD I HAVE A CAR PAYMENT face!

Paul loves the car! It's our car. When I got home, I showed him all the features I remembered how to use, then we took it for a spin to Weis. I love my car!

I went for a celebratory trail run, but it SUCKED. The trail was snowy and icy. While runnable, it just wasn't fun. I only did three miles and then came home to finish up the rest of my run in my neighborhood. I just wasn't feeling the trail conditions...



I had a pretty standard evening... played cards, drank wine, ate quiche!
Allison and I met at South Middleton Park for an 8 miler bright and early. It was quite chilly! We ran at a pretty good clip and were able to catch up on what has been going on in our lives. I hadn't seen Allison in so long!


Then Paul and I headed up to Millersburg for my Grandma's 90th birthday party!!!! I'll be honest... driving an hour and a half round trip is more fun in a MAZDA CX-5!!!!!!!!!





What were you up to this weekend?
Do you think you'll live 'till 90!!?

4 comments:

  1. You didn't want a white car anyway!

    Arla is such a pretty name! Your grandmother looks amazing and I bet she was so thrilled to have all of you there to celebrate with her. Let's hope we all live to 90 in good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of liked the white in person! Arla is a cool and unique name. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy 90th to your grandma! I just love grandparents and you are so lucky yours is 90!

    Congrats on the car! Hope you to have many happy miles together!

    ReplyDelete