A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, March 1, 2019

My favorite things about my car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Hey all! I am linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5!

In case you missed it, I bought a new car! Well, a certified preowned car, but new to me. I got a 2016 Mazda CX-5. I love it. It is a HUGE upgrade from my 2009 Chevy Cobalt!


Here are some of my favorite things about my new car!



1. Heated seats! With my occasional lower back pain and chronic coldness, this is the most luxurious thing I could ever dream of experiencing in a car.

2. Sitting up high with a nice big windshield. I had to drive my mom's minivan after my Cobalt. I really appreciated that you sit up high in a minivan and have a commanding view. Luckily, my Mazda has this too!

3. Keyless entry and start! IT'S LIKE I AM LIVING IN THE FUTURE!!!! It is so handy! I know you all have probably had cars featuring this for years, but it's a first for me and I can't express how convenient I am finding it!

4. The navigation system. It is so cool to have a navigation system and screen right on the dash. Of course it's not vital since I have Googlemaps on my phone, but it is AWESOME.

5. Bluetooth! If I am listening to a podcast on my phone, I can hook it up via bluetooth and it goes through my cars speakers. If I get out of the car and get back in, it automatically syncs back up and starts where I left off. Again, a luxury I am so not used to.

6. All the SPACE! Grocery shopping is more fun because everything fits.

7. The color. My Cobalt was bright red. This is a darker red. Paul called it "36 year old red".

8. How clean it is. Both inside and outside. I never washed my Cobalt and I had it 10 years. I had my Mazda for two weeks and I have already had it to the car wash!

9. How well it does in the snow. Blows the Cobalt out of the water on that front.


I could probably go on forever... This car was an investment I didn't want to make, but since I had to make it, I'm glad I got a car I really like!



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's something you love about your car?
What do you wish your car had that it doesn't?

14 comments:

  1. This sounds like a dream car! I'm so happy for you. My car has all the bells and whistles too but my favorite are definitely the heated seats and the keyless entry/start.

    Scott's vehicle also has cooling seats which is nice but not something I miss not having. He also has a remote start. As of right now Volvo does not offer remote start and if you put an aftermarket one on it voids any warranty. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have in the winter but I park in the garage anyway so I dont know how often I would really use it.

    Did you really never wash your Cobalt? Do you me YOU personally never washed it or IT never GOT washed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it never got washed!!! Hahaha. I mean.... it would rain, does that count!?

      Hmmm remote start.... Yeah I don't know if I would use that either!

      Delete
  2. Your car sounds amazing! When I got my car a few years ago I was also so happy about the keyless entry and start - it felt like my car had special powers or something because I wasn't used to that, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it does feel like special powers! I know I am late to the game but it is new to ME.

      Delete
  3. I just bought a new car myself in the same color! Heated seats are so great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you hit all of the things I love about my car too! I have been using my built in Navigation system less these days though, because I never got it updated from when I bought it. It's a few years old now and I feel like more roads exist now. Those butt warmers are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heated seats feel soooooo good on my back. I don't want to get out of my car and go in to work. I will get fired someday for being late due to the heated seats!

      Delete
  5. My car is the same as your car so I agree with everything on your list! I was surprised at how much I like having the navigation. I always have the map up even if I don't need directions. I think I'd use a remote start in the winter, mainly because I walk about 7 minutes to my car from the train so I'm already freezing when I get in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang remote start would be nice for your situation! I go back and forth between always having nav up or when I have the radio on having that up because it says the song and artist. That is fun! I love that we have the same car!!

      Delete
  6. Nice ! We also recently got a brand new (lease) car and it’s amazing. My husband said to me”it’s like a real grown up car!” We went from a fairly small sporty Peugeot to an SUV. I love sitting higher up! I also love the Bluetooth and ability to listen to Spotify instead of the radio. And with the lease now everything but gas is included in the price so no more surprise payments to the garage for the next 4 years !

    Glad you are happy with your new car. All great reasons to be enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow the way you describe leasing... it sounds awesome!!

      Delete
  7. That is a cute car! I've had an SUV for my past two cars and could never go back to sedan-level. I need the better visibility around all the other bigger cars people drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visibility is key! I feel so much safer in my new car. I don't think I'll ever go back to a sedan either.

      Delete