A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hey all! I hope you had a great weekend!

Well, I'm not sure my trazodone works anymore. The cats woke me up at 2 and I never fell back asleep. This is the second time this week it has happened. I think I have to talk to my doctor because I don't want to go down this road again... yet I feel like I am already halfway down it.


Needless to say, my morning started with some caffeine. Then I used my extra time to do some blogging, download a bunch of podcasts, catch up on some news articles, and just generally eff around on my computer.



If it's a weekday and it's six o'clock, you can find me one of two places... Planet Fitness or running the roads in my hood. Today was a Planet Fitness day. I triple checked to make sure I had a bra, underwear, and socks packed for work. (On Thursday, I somehow forgot to pack those things in my gym bag and had to go without.... eeeeeek!)

Work was a struggle because it was such a busy day and also I got extremely lethargic as the day went on. Luckily, my three first grade classes were the best singers ever! Everyone was participated and they sounded like happy kids. You can't beat that!

After work I chilled for a bit. Then I rallied and hung out with a friend to eat pizza and drink wine. As my friend Maren would say, "I'll sleep when I'm dead!"
My morning started in one of the best ways possible... I met my dad and my brother for a trail run! Tyler and I are running the Hyner View Challenge in April. Tyler doesn't run trail, and since the whole race is on trail, I needed to get him out there!



Then Paul, Bobby, and I headed to the Philly area to celebrate Baby Lila's first birthday! It was fun to take my new wheels on the turnpike for the first time and it was fun to hang out with our friends!


Maggie and Baby Lila


 Cheetah, Paul, Bob, Joe

Baby Lila!

 Kitchen Crew!

The Amazing Amy Eisen!

That evening, I finally finished the show You! I am going to write a blog post about it. I have so many things to say... good and bad!

Finally, I slept so well! I don't know if it was the trazodone or if it was the fact that I really needed to catch up. Either way, I felt like a million bucks when I woke up!

I went for a 6 miler in my hood, then I picked up my SIL and we headed to the Conewago Trail for a 6 mile hike/walk. Guys, I feel fine after a 6 mile run, but after a 6 mile walk I am BROKEN! Debby felt fine, of course! She is training for a 10k right now!



It was great to connect with my SIL. She helped me sort out some important things!
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. It was a nice day yesterday ( before all the wind started). Glad you enjoyed your 6 mile hike/walk. Which 10k is Debbie doing? I really wanted to do the Lucky Charm Race again this year in Harrisburg but I ended up taking a running hiatus so no training = no race for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear the Trazodone has stopped working, that sucks. I recently started taking these Melatonin gummies before bed and they help me fall asleep in like 30 mins, but I know you've said you've tried Melatonin before :(

    I am looking forward to your thoughts on You. I honestly thought I didn't really like it that much when I watched it but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, so I guess I actually REALLY liked it lol. I did wonder why they showed Joe masturbating so much in the show; I thought it was unnecessary. But now that I'm listening to Hidden Bodies I have realized that the author of the books just has him masturbate a lot so them showing it twice or three times was nothing haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read that too- that he masturbated way more in the book! I've been reading about it on reddit. I'm looking forward to writing a post about you. I kind of feel like I need to rewatch it and take notes!

      Delete